cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP via ADSL

N/A

FTP via ADSL

Can anyone out there help me?

I have been on ADSL for a couple of weeks now and so far I am pleased EXCEPT!!!!!

I cannot connect to any ftp host outside plus net. I just get an error 425 data connection closed abnormally. I have tried pasv and non pasv, and still I can't connect. I always connected fine on my Friaco dial-up and I can still connect using a dial up account.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know because a ticket has been ping ponging back and forth between me and support for more than a week now and I getting a bit cheesed off.

Andy
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: FTP via ADSL

can you tell us if you are using a modem or router.
What software are you using.
can you connect at the command prompt? ie ftp 212.112.171.34

Can you connect if you put in the ip instead of the domain name.

Jan
Cry
> Can anyone out there help me?
>
> I have been on ADSL for a couple of weeks now and so far I am pleased EXCEPT!!!!!
>
> I cannot connect to any ftp host outside plus net. I just get an error 425 data connection closed abnormally. I have tried pasv and non pasv, and still I can't connect. I always connected fine on my Friaco dial-up and I can still connect using a dial up account.
>
> If anyone has any ideas please let me know because a ticket has been ping ponging back and forth between me and support for more than a week now and I getting a bit cheesed off.
>
> Andy