cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREE !! downloads 1am - 8am

N/A

Ok is my understanding correct that downloads between 1am to 8am will NOT be registerd in the "Usage meter", so if I have a 1GB a month limit I can download what ever amount I want from 1am to 8am with out it effecting my 1GB a month limit.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Unfortunatly not.

The Fair Usage Policy only applies to the Premier product range. This comes with a set amount of transfer possible at peak times through the month (peak times are 8am to 1am), and any traffic off-peak is not included int he allowance.

Broadband Lite, Broadband PAYG and broadband Plus customers are not charges based on Fair Usage Policies, so this does not apply.
N/A

Sorry I mean 1am to 8am at night not during the daytime.
N/A

Ok just phoned the helpdesk any downloads from 1am to 8am or NOT included at all.......... so you can download 100GB and it will not be taken from your 1GB monthly download limit.
N/A

I advise getting that detail written and confirmed in a ticket.

If as you suggest you are, on a Lite or PAYG account with the standard 1GB included, then you can't download 100GB as may have been suggested by support.

Without the detail in writting, you could find yourself stung pretty hard if attempting to test the theory.
LiamM
Grafter

Furthermore, if you have contacted Customer Support and been advised that 1am-8am usage is not counted, then you have been informed incorrectly and this needs to be addressed.

You should have a note added to the link:Contact Us page with details of the call you made, as every call to the CSC is logged to your account.
Community Veteran

When you phoned support, did you actually say you are on a broadband PAYG (the new name for lite) with 1GB included allowance. If not and you just said 'are downloads included between 1am and 8am', they may have assumed you were either on a premier account or wanted to know about a premier account.

If that was the case, it is always important to make sure CS know the account you are on and to state the question relates to the account.
N/A

Ok I stated I have just update from a 56k Plusnet Home user package (£10.99 p/m) to a 2MB ADSL and I wanted to know if I downloaded anything between 1am to 8am would this reflect in my 1GB a month limit, the answer to this was "NO it does not reflect", OK I said so I could in theory download 20Gb between 1am and 8am and this will not effect my 1GB "Correct" so I wont be charged like £20 for the extra 20gb then "Thats correct".

So I said oh thats great thank you very much.
N/A

This is the package I am on

"PlusNet Broadband Home Lite 2Mb with included 1GB bandwidth"
Community Veteran

As stated above, that info was wrong. FUP only applies to broadband home premier products.
N/A

Yes, the PlusNet e-mail on the subject was quite clear, and as a fellow Lite (PAYG) customer, I'm not under any illusions that I can do what I like off-peak without it affecting my usage, so someone at CS seems to be not up to speed.

Note also that with PAYG it is not "downloads only" - uploads are counted too, just as they always have been.