cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREE UPGRADE

N/A

FREE UPGRADE

Hi all,

i have had the upgrade( 512k - 1.1mbps) yet.
i connect @ 1 mbps yet i can only download @ the old 512k rate. why is this?
surely even the speed test here on plus net should be right and the one on www.zdnet.co.uk should be accurate but alas they both say that my download rate is still 476k /a sec.
answers on a postcard

ta
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

FREE UPGRADE

Your connection is being throttled back to 512k, raise a ticket with support and they will be able to update your records and remove the throttle.

Chilly
N/A

FREE UPGRADE

have done so,, thanks
N/A

FREE UPGRADE

Your connection is being throttled back to 512k, raise a ticket with support and they will be able to update your records and remove the throttle.

Chilly

Don't count on it lasting tho, within a short time it will be back to 512 again Evil
N/A

FREE UPGRADE

why is that?
N/A

FREE UPGRADE

just going by my past experience this week , have been upgraded to 2mb/s for 4 days now even tho my router says 2mb/s i can only dload @ 512kb/s, have raised tickets on this issue as well as phoning customer support which they then up my speed to 2mb/s as it should be but within a few hours it's back down again to 512kb/s, Right now i'm sick and tired of waiting in line on CS, for a top notch ISP i have to say that their infrastructure & support team seem non functional Evil LOL just like my Speed regrade
N/A

FREE UPGRADE

Come on Plusnet, whats going on, it seems i'm not alone in this at all. I was free regraded on about the 16th April to 1Mbps. I have experienced this problem too. Even after raising a ticket [16407983] and you apparently fixed it for a few hours at 1Mbps, its now back at 512Kbps. I now have an open ticket [16410617] where you have escallated this.

Robert
0.5Mbps - 1Mbps - 0.5Mbps - 1Mbps - 0.5Mbps
Nearly 6Km from Exchange
N/A

FREE UPGRADE

i HAD A 1MB CONNECTION, THEY UPGRADED IT TO A 2MB CONNECTION WHICH ONLY LASTED FOR A FEW DAYS, NOW IS AT 512KBPS, FAULT IT WAS A FAULT, YET AFTER READING THIS I SEE THIS MAY NOT BE THE CASE, WILL BE CHANGING ISP IF NOT AT 2MB AGAIN BY MONDAY.
N/A

FREE UPGRADE

I too have recently had my line upgraded to a 2MB; the router says its a 2MB line, but in actual usage and speed testing its comes back as a 1mb connection