cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extention cables etc

N/A

Extention cables etc

I recently got plusnet adsl and am very impressed at downloading speeds!! Although to get it i had to move my computer into a room with a phone socket i was told you cudnt use adsl over an extention cable i was wandering if ther is any way you can help me get my computer back into my room!?!
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Extention cables etc

> I recently got plusnet adsl and am very impressed at downloading speeds!! Although to get it i had to move my computer into a room with a phone socket i was told you cudnt use adsl over an extention cable i was wandering if ther is any way you can help me get my computer back into my room!?!

Hi,

Not so. You can use ADSL over an extension cable if you so desire. Naturally you must take a common sense approach to filtering and get your wiring right but it's not a problem.

Just remember that you need to filter all phones unless they have already been filtered. This will vary with everyone's choice of extension setup / layout which is why I mention the whole common sense approach.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

> Not so. You can use ADSL over an extension cable if you so desire. Naturally you must take a common sense approach to filtering and get your wiring right but it's not a problem.
>

Do bear in mind that there are limits to the amount of cable that can be used (usually specified to be 30metres). This is down to signal degradation. Different modems have different sensitivities so will handle this differently but you're best not to have it borderline anyway so I would stick to a 25m limit. Seem fair?

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

try www.adslguide.org.uk the forums there have covered the issue several times and should prove helpful.
N/A

Cheers very much for all your help my computer is now back in my room out of the old folks road!!! :-)