cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchanges with trial status

N/A

I just noticed that my exchange is listed as having "Trial" status in the recently publish list of exchange upgrade dates.

Does this have any bearing on the speed that my line will be upgraded to? I paid the £14.99 to get upgraded early but I think I read somewhere that the MAXDSL trial was invite only..

Any info appriciated, thanks.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Bump...

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks
LiamM
Grafter

Given that the PDF was only actually referring to the Free Mass Upgrades, and not the MaxDSL 8Mb rollout, I think trial status means that they will be upgrading all lines on your exchange first.

So, exchanges listed as under Trial will all receive the Free 2Mb Upgrades first, and then onto May, June, July. If you're with me?

Thats the way I read it anyway.
N/A

The wierd thing is... the exchange that Im connected to is also listed as schedualed to be upgraded in july.

Its all a bit wierd :/ oh well..
N/A

Exchanges can have multiple DSLAMs. Like mine, which has two.

As such, you will find each DSLAM has it's own listing in the PDF file.

It is not possible to tell which DSLAM you are on at your exchange, so it could be any other listed in the file.
LiamM
Grafter

That would indicate more than 1 DSLAM installed at the exchange.

A DSLAM (Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer) is the terminating equipment which your line is connected to at the exchange. It means they will upgrade one set of users first (connected to 1 DSLAM) and then another set later. If you check the list, the DSLAM ID should be different.
holdtight
Grafter

It would be really handy to know which DSLAM were connected to as mine has three and my exchange is listed three times april may and june

i think the chances of finding out are more or less nil and i can understand that, would be handy though could narrow it down a bit