cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange upgraded soon

N/A

Exchange upgraded soon

My exchange is due to be upgraded 7th of next month.

What do I do to upgrade? Do I wait until the exchange has been upgraded before I do anything or order broadband now so that I have the kit ready for the 7th?

Also, after upgrading can I still use dialup?

David
15 REPLIES
N/A

Exchange upgraded soon

Hope and Pray

My exchange was due to be upgraded in April, I am still waiting. And I have to say I am no longer waiting patiently.

Been with plusnet nearly two years. Plus net have issued an upgrade schedule informing me I will be upgraded in April.

Nothing has happened!

I am of course still paying the same monthly subscription as people have had the upgrade.

For my usage I am paying more than I need to.

If something doesn't happen soon I will be changing ISP.

I am not asking for miracles. I would simply like to see a new upgrade schedule, instead I feel ignored. My upgrade date has been and gone. No new date, no aproximate schedule, no " sorry guys but BT are running late, Nowt!

If I change ISP, I will be supplied with the line speed I order. I am currently paying for ADSL Home self install.

Broadband premier is the same price, with virus protection and spam filtering included and better contention ratio.

Now I thought it would be sensible to wait for my exchange upgrade and switch to the premier package.

The upgrade is almost 3 months overdue, (based on the PDF file posted by plusnet when the ugrades were announced) I am still paying the same as people on the much better premier package and I FEEL LIKE I am being taken for a ride.

If neither the upgrade nor information are forth coming soon, I see no alternative but to take my money elsewhere.

I am sure there are other ISPs out there willing to take my money and supply the promised service. This feels very much like preferential tretment for the new customers and lets hope the existing ones don't notice.

ALL I WANT IS SOME INFORMATION.

Comments please?
N/A

Exchange upgraded soon

Exactly I couldn't have put it better myself - so much incompetence :x
holdtight
Grafter

Exchange upgraded soon

Agreed !
N/A

Exchange upgraded soon

Amen to that,

My exchange (Chislehurst) is listed as having the upgrade this month, still hasn't happened (been checking my router daily!) and by the looks of cerberos's post - i'm not going to hold my breath now...

Come on plus.net - this is hardly a fair situation at the moment... some news or an update would be nice.

--UPDATE--

Just checked the checker (http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/) again and now my exchange is down for July! - and the pages states it was updated on the 21st of June. So it looks like the schedule is being updated at least...
CaptainFantasti
Grafter

Exchange upgraded soon

It's true.

The information you can see at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ has been updated.

Mine used to say
Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in July 2005
it now says
Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in Aug 2005 Cry

I now wish I'd paid the £14.99 back in May:
£5 a month (or less) for a 4 times faster line (now) seems a good deal. :?

Note, for the record, that I don't blame PlusNet for this.
Geez
Grafter

Exchange upgraded soon

It's true.

The information you can see at http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ has been updated.

Mine used to say
Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in July 2005
it now says
Upgrades on this DSLAM will commence in Aug 2005 Cry

Mine is the same as yours Sad "Record last updated: 21 Jun 05"

I wonder how many people don't know their date has been moved back?

I've changed my sig accordingly :roll:
N/A

Exchange upgraded soon

Unfortunately my exchange still says upgrades will commence in April, record last updated June 21st.

Does that mean the exachange has been done and my line has not been upgraded?

BT is reporting that some of the virtual paths at this exchange are not operating within BT Wholesale's planning guidance, although they are still operating within the product specification.

At busy times, your ADSL connection may operate at a reduced speed, although not all customers on your exchange may be affected. You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set.

The ETA fix time is: 05 Jul 05

What does this message mean? Am I likely to get my upgrade when this has been fixed?
holdtight
Grafter

Exchange upgraded soon

Mine is word for word exactly the same as yours cerberos the only difference being it says April with multiple visits Huh
the rest of the BT is reporting blah is the same, and like you i thought i would have seen some step forward by now
N/A

Exchange upgraded soon

Lets be fair to PN...

They didn't issue the schedule they received from BT and after pressure from the forums decided to publish the schedule. BT in typical fashion are running late...
madswitcher
Grafter

Exchange upgraded soon

HI all,

my exchange/DSLAM (AHE-ADSL-101 ) is marked as a 'trial exchange'. Does anyone (including PN) know what this means or implies? - what trial is this?

Thanks, Mike
TFC
Grafter

Exchange upgraded soon

I have made no comment on this subject so far, just being content to sit back and see...

Now I'm ticked.... since the begining the exchange info has told me that I'm on the only DSLAM listed.... GBJ-DSL-001.... it now seems that a new one has appeared... and I'm now on this one.... GBJ-ADSL-101.... and the upgrade date now moved to July.
If a new DSLAM has been installed and users moved on to it... why the heck were we not upgraded at the same time.
holdtight
Grafter

Exchange upgraded soon

solstans is right we cant blame +net for this shambles its good old BT again

its still just a case of either paying for the upgrade if you need it that badly or waiting and as far as moving goes i wont be going anywhere ive had many good years service with + and i hope i will have many more
N/A

Exchange upgraded soon

This aint plus.net problem its bts. There a set of idiots. And i say for being late they shud upgrade everyones upload to 1mb. Get it sorted bt i hate you
N/A

Exchange upgraded soon

DSLAM ID Information
CNV-ADSL-101 This DSLAM is marked as a trial exchange

What's this mean? Will my exchange get the upgrade? :? Thanks