cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange upgrade List

HellFire
Grafter

Exchange upgrade List

Are PN going to put a list of exchanges that are already LLU compatible and a list of the ones that will upgraded with the dates when they will be upgraded so people will know when its possible they will get 8mb
22 REPLIES
michaelscott
Grafter

Exchange upgrade List

You won't need to be connected to an LLU exchange to get 8Mbps unless you are with an LLU ISP. PlusNet is not one. PlusNet's 8Mbps products will be delivered by BTs hardware.
HellFire
Grafter

Exchange upgrade List

I didn’t know that thanks for the info
LiamM
Grafter

Exchange upgrade List

BT are currently trialling 8Mb (with Plusnet) on a small number of exchanges. The participants have already been selected (by BT).

Once this trial is completed, we can expect a full launch across the network towards late Q3-Q4 this year. This is when Plusnet will be able to offer speeds of up to 8Mb to anyone with a BT line.
N/A

Exchange upgrade List

Does anyone know of a list to show maximum speeds available from exchanges?

Which ones are doing the 8Mbps trials for example? Is there a list of exchanges which will be rolled out after the trials ?

Is there an online list of telephone numbers covered by each exchange?

TIA
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Exchange upgrade List

I think this page tells you everything PlusNET knows about the 8Mb trials at the moment.
N/A

Exchange upgrade List

hodgsob

What sort of list of telephone numbers are you refering to?

I have lots of information available in the exchange check, with only tiny ammounts of its potential used.
N/A

Exchange upgrade List

I suppose I'm particularly interested in which exchange my telephone number is associated with and when it will be upgraded and, once it is upgraded, what is the maximum speed I'll be able to achieve given my location compared to that of the exchange.

The sort of information that would stop me asking questions for a while.
N/A

Exchange upgrade List

Input your phone number into the usertools exchange checker. It should tell you which exchange you are connected to and provide the shortcode (4 to 6 characters long, by the exchange activation date).

You can then search the PDF for this code. Make sure you click find again, as it may be listed multiple times.

If it is listed multiple times, your exchange has more than one DSLAM. It is unknown if you can find out which DSLAM ID you are on, though we are trying to see if this information is obtainable.
hillers
Grafter

Exchange upgrade List

So when will we all be started to be upgraded then, since its was suppose to happen from april? :?:
Community Veteran

Exchange upgrade List

It has started Smiley
Ive seen acouple of posts on this forum and over on the f9 forum of users saying that they have been ugraded. So now the ball is rolling it should hopefully keep going and even gather momentum.
HellFire
Grafter

Exchange upgrade List

My speed is still the same I done a speed test and as I was doing it I saw something move across my screen so fast I couldn’t see what it was so I had to take a snap shot of it, well it was only a tortoise I just wish my 1MB could of kept up with it but the tortoise was just to fast LOL :lol:
N/A

Exchange upgrade List

acarr

You can then search the PDF for this code. Make sure you click find again, as it may be listed multiple times.

What PDF :?:
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Exchange upgrade List

acarr

What PDF :?:

http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/bt_speed_upgrade_programme.pdf
N/A

Exchange upgrade List

Thanks cloudmaster

Unfortunately it looks like I'm in for a slow Spring!