cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange info help please

mitchell20
Grafter

I've just checked my exchange status (LCEAR) and the VP is showing as green but I now also see the 'port capacity' is showing as amber with the following message:

BT are reporting that overall physcial capacity is low for some products at this time. This may result in orders being delayed or rejected until such a time that capacity can be installed.

BT are reporting that port capacity for Office IPStream (20:1 contention) products is currently low.
BT have provided no ETA for the installation of additional capacity.

BT are reporting that there are no port capacity problems on the Home IPStream (50:1 contention) product range.

I'm not seeing any connection or speed problems (other than been booted off this afternoon for a few mins - which was the first time in ages it's happened). I just basically would like to know what this means please?

Thanks
3 REPLIES
N/A

This new tool is part of a second report BT supply. This only relates to new customers orders, rather than existing.

A port is effectivly where your copper pair are wired into the DSLAM at the exchange. If there are no ports left,t hen you can't get connected to ADSL at all.

Once you are connected, service then fine.

The VP report is the only one that should concern enabled users.

If you can think of any better way to word the infomation provided, it would be of great help. I had suspected it may become confusion, but couldn't think of a way of wording it.
mitchell20
Grafter

That's basically what I though it meant. I presume BT can add more capacity to the exchange though....can't they? My exchange has only been enabled since Feb.

My only suggestion to re-wording would be, say:

'BT are reporting that port capacity for Office IPStream (20:1 contention) products is currently reaching it's maximum
N/A

Yes they can.

This will be in the form of one of three actions.

1: Supplying new line cards to the exchange, to add into the existing equipment.

2: Waiting to install a new DSLAM

3: Waiting until existing customers unsubscribe from ADSL, to free ports back into the pool of available ports.