Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange capacity running low

Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=CMSHI

My local exchange has been in the red for a while now, and the ETA for the upgrade has long gone. What is going on?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Only BT can answer your question, it has nothing to do with the ISP.

BT determin when exchange upgrades are done and there is nothing you, I or PlusNet can do to change when it happens.

All dates given are also estimates and not neccessarily when it will occur and it also varies when BT issue updates to samknows to indicate if the work has actually been done.

All you can do is wait and hope the exchange upgrade is done soon if it has not been already.
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

I didn't really mean to blame PlusNet, if my post implied that. Will the VP capacity problem have an impact on e.g. the MaxDSL upgrades or anything like that?
Community Veteran

The actual upgrade, possibly as BT will need to make sure there is sufficient capacity to cope with the faster connection speeds. The MaxDSL upgrades are done on an exchange by exchange basis so hopefully any capacity issues will be sorted out at the same time as the upgrades.

It is also possible a VP capacity problem may delay that exchange being upgraded to MaxDSL until the capacity problem is resolved. The chances are by the time BT get around to it, the VP upgrade will have already been done.
the_norris
Grafter

Also note that Sam's site is not been updated for a bit now - due to his other commitments.

Phil
N/A

My exchange (Rochdale) has had a red VP status for approx six months and everydate for an upgrade has come and gone.

It seems Rochdale isnt a priority to BT!