cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Triggered What Now?

N/A

Hi im writing this on behalf of a friend that has been trying to get broadband for ages. His exchange (Birkenhead) hit the trigger level on tuesday. Now I know we need to wait untill BT actually install the equipment but is there anything he can do as far as getting the ball rolling with getting your service as soon as possable? Also he has a BT Home Highway line at the moment so what will be the procedure?

Thanks In Advance
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there

As soon as your exchange has been enabled, then it is OK to place an order. All you have to do is sign up for the required account and the system will do the rest. One of the options on signup is, Do you have BT Home Highway? If you select yes, then we will liase directly with BT to get your line converted to analogue. BT will charge you £50 + vat, which will appear on your telephone bill.

Hope this of some help.

Kind Regards
Jay Sheldon
Customer Support
N/A

Thanks for the info, well just waiting on bt to get a move on then Cheesy
N/A

Hi drefsab,

Please note that just because the trigger level is achieved, there is no guarentee that BT will actually upgrade the exchange. The trigger level only shows the number of people who have expressed an interest and not those who are actually willing to sign a contract.

By the time BT have identified if there are enough subscribers willing to sign a contract you could be 6 months+ down the road.

Hope this has not dampened your enthusiam, but better to be wise than spend money on equipment you may never be able to use.

Anyway I hope you don't have to wait long

Darren :|
N/A

Its not a worry about the demand, I have been helping to run a campain for registration and there are twice as many people that are willing to sign up than the trigger level and that number is growing dayly. Its a good way to get the levels up untill we started maybe 2 people a month registered.
N/A

well my experience . . .

Now it seems like ages but I registered interest through bt.com/broadband.
After a long time the trigger level was reached. A 'ready for service' date was given, about 6 weeks after this, 21 May 2003. As this date approached, even on the eve of it the BB tracker ALWAYS said "good news. Your exchange should have broadband enabled by 21 may 2003.
I wasn't contacted by any means to clarify how interested I was in BB, and at 0730 on that date I registered for dsl with plus.
I'd wager that on the date they've given it'll appear, just like magic, which I hope its going to be :!:
N/A

BT changed their broadband registration things ages ago, i dont think they really even check whos subscribing now, as long as it meets the demand and LOOKS vaguely genuine.
N/A

thats always good to hear, also does anyone have any information about the new subtending technology that exchanges will soon be having? I've only heard snippets hear and there and would apreciate any detailed information thats out there.