cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Conversion

N/A

Exchange Conversion

I'm still waiting for ADSL in my area. When I enter my phone number on BT's website, I get the following status update:

---------
Results

For Telephone Number <number omitted> on Exchange TAVISTOCK

Good news! BT Broadband will be available in your area on the 21st May 2003 and the preliminary check on your line suggests that you should be able to receive it.

You can place your order for BT Broadband online today. When you place your order, we will perform a further test on your line to make sure that your line is suitable.
---------

I signed up via Plusnet ages ago. Is there any way in which we can actually verify that this is going to go ahead ? I've not heard a thing since and I have this sneaky suspicion that the date is going to slip - anyone got any ideas on how I can find out ? I dread phoning up BT, as they seem to have enough trouble acknowledging modems, let alone ADSL...

Thanks in advance...

M.
1 REPLY
N/A

Exchange Conversion

I HAVE BEEN IN THE SAME POSSITION .
dont worry,
+net will do thier best to insure that you are asdl Activated ASAP.
But to address your question directly, yes you can monitor and keep on top of your asdl conversion proccess more directly.
Although you seem reluctent to contact B.T ,I promote the idea.
Call them on 150,
enter your tel number
press 4
and again press 4,then 2.
NOW YOU GET TO TALK TO A ,B.T REP.
he/she will be able to tell you (in realtime) weather or not your line has been converted or not.
In my experience (at this moment in time i'm posting this to you via my freeserve dun,hmmm still waiting on the post for my adsl modem, but it has only been three days) B.T take around 16hrs to inform +net of your line upgrade ( hope ianwild@+net) reads that, "who am i to suggest that +net takes 16hrs to update our web tracking status page".
from then you will see the green ticks appear and you will soon get a email confirming your line activation...yeah
Dont worry if the dispatched your modem status seems to stay at this stage without turning green.
My modem was dispatched to me at the same time of my line activation, (i rang and asked +net) ,but two days later my dispatch box remained as a blue triangle.
Well hope that all this reasures you
my kindest of regards ARCADIAN