cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 8MB enabled, how do i take advantage?

snapper_mart
Grafter

My previous question prompted me to check the status of my local exchange, which is now being reported as 8MB enabled, my speeds however, haven't changed. Do I need to do anything to enable my account (currently 2MB Premier) to get the faster speed?
Thanks
Martin
6 REPLIES
N/A

You either:

* Wait for PlusNet to order a free regrade to your account, which they are doing in the coming months.

or

* Look for an alternative ISP who can provide you with a (free) regrade sooner.

There's also the possibility that later this month PlusNet may look at offering a "queue jump" option for people who don't want to have to wait for their free regrade, although that's not going to be looked at until the end of this month at the earliest.
N/A

Hi, ours to has been updated to 8mb enabled on the 31 Mar. I'd like also to take advantage sooner than later. not sure if somewhere 'in the coming months' is exact enough. Surely PN know when it's going to happen?
Lyn
Alecto
Grafter

Surely PN know when it's going to happen?
Lyn

Fraid they don't . BT treat Plusnet rather like you'd treat a day old kitten if you were a sadist. And they tell them nothing of any value.

If Pn can eventually make a few quid out of letting you queue jump, then I'm sure they will. And I'll be joining the rush as well.

Look around the forum at some of the posts on the subject, and you'll find the answers to your questions, or as near the answers as anybody in Plusnet knows.
N/A

My exchange too, come on plusnet give us some guidanceHuh
N/A

Geoff, you really meant to say BT treat PN like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed on bull*.

(Actually that's probably more akin to the entire relationship from BT to BTw to PN to us poor saps (not to mention mangement to staff)).
keithcalder
Grafter

If you want it done quicker, do the same as I did and upgrade your account through the portal. I went from premier option 1 ( £21.99 a month ) to premier option 2 ( £29.99 a month ) and got my upgrade to max put through with my upgrade, it took 12 days all together but would have taken less if there hadn't been a fault with the upgrade ordering system. Smiley