cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excellent :)

N/A

Excellent :)

Day 7, BT activated; Day 8 (today) PlusNet e-mailed. Zoom modem bought this morning, set-up in 10 minutes or less, and I'm speeding Smiley I'm amazed it was so easy, after reading this forum since I applied!

One thing -- Windows XP is reporting my connection speed at 28.8kbps(!)... it's not a problem, and I'm certainly faster than that, but does anyone happen to know of a fix for it (that's sure to work rather than break anything Wink)?

Mark
4 REPLIES
plusnetsux
Grafter

RE: Excellent :)

> Day 7, BT activated; Day 8 (today) PlusNet e-mailed. Zoom modem bought this morning, set-up in 10 minutes or less, and I'm speeding Smiley I'm amazed it was so easy, after reading this forum since I applied!
>
> One thing -- Windows XP is reporting my connection speed at 28.8kbps(!)... it's not a problem, and I'm certainly faster than that, but does anyone happen to know of a fix for it (that's sure to work rather than break anything Wink)?
>
> Mark

plusnetsux
Grafter

> Day 7, BT activated; Day 8 (today) PlusNet e-mailed. Zoom modem bought this morning, set-up in 10 minutes or less, and I'm speeding Smiley I'm amazed it was so easy, after reading this forum since I applied!
>
> One thing -- Windows XP is reporting my connection speed at 28.8kbps(!)... it's not a problem, and I'm certainly faster than that, but does anyone happen to know of a fix for it (that's sure to work rather than break anything Wink)?
>
> Mark

Are you counting just working days or including weekends? I signed up July 31st here and although the line is activated (tested with bt_test@startup_domain) I'm still waiting for my account activation email.

Andrew

Robtheplod
Grafter

Mark

Try an updated driver from Zoom - windows modem drivers don't usually report the correct speeds.

rob

Day 7, BT activated; Day 8 (today) PlusNet e-mailed. Zoom modem bought this morning, set-up in 10 minutes or less, and I'm speeding Smiley I'm amazed it was so easy, after reading this forum since I applied!
>
>
> Mark

N/A

> Try an updated driver from Zoom - windows modem drivers don't usually report the correct speeds.
Hi,
Just to say I second this -- I've personally known people to have bizarre connection speeds reported on Zoom modems - 28.8 is one I've seen before...
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----