cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything is fine between 12pm night till 10am...

N/A

Everything is fine between 12pm night till 10am morning - but other times I cant download anything from p2p programs cause the max it goes at is 7-8kbs per sec for each file which is unbelievable and when I logon to online games between 10am till 12pm, my ping is always between 2000-6000 (but between 12pm and 10am is usually around 200). I know that its nothing to do with my pc,modem,p2p programs or the online game that I play.

When I download from sites during anytime of the day, the speed is fine but for the other stuff I mentioned above is really slow.

My Peak usage at the moment is not even 1gb and my off-peak usage is 3.5gb.

Its obvious that Plusnet is doing this and so I would like an explanation of why they are doing this?

A little info;

I'm using Voyager 105 USB ADSL Modem
I'm currently using Broadband premier 2mb internet connection and paying 21.99 per month.
21 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

My opinion is it is one of two things :-
1. The ellacoyas (the systems that manage network traffic) are incorrectly set for some or all users on the network.
2. They don't have enough bandwidth capacity and are compensating for that by shaping the hell out of the network using the ellacoyas.

Personally I feel it is the first one and in which case, they should get it sorted out ASAP.
N/A

I see. Well I dont know how much money they save/make from limiting the speed - but all I know is that if this continues, I will cancel the contract sooner or later cause I am basically using the internet for viewing webpages. I might aswell pay less, get a dial up internet connection and do the things that Iam able to do with my current internet.

Plusnet people should already know that 75pct of the people that sign up for fast internet are heavy users that will use p2p programs often or use it for other heavy online activities.

So at the moment all I see is Plusnet ripping us off by limiting our internet connection during peak times and sometimes of-peak times even if we havent reached the download limit.

I just checked the MyUsaage tool and I currently downloaded 70.11mb peaktime and 3.48GB Off-Peak time. So does plusnet have the rights to put limits on my connection with my current download usage?

Because of this stupid speed limit I cant even play any online game between 10am and 12pm. When I login into the online game I get disconnected after 20 seconds cause my ping is 2k+ all the time.

So basically I can only play online games or download at the time where I'm supposed to go sleep.

I'm really dissappointed.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

bump.
petsyb
Grafter

Same problem here, not only is P2P going slow after 10.00am to 12.00am but so is the web ,so so slow Sad
N/A

I dont know if it has anything to do with this but today I got an e-mail from plusnet saying that they will upgrade my internet to 8mb. :?
N/A

DO NOT DO IT UMIT

DO NOT!

link:cuaremoved

read all the complaints about llu, thats what your shiny 8meg connection will be

its the worst thing ever mate, dont go near it.

[Moderator's note by James (sallyandjames) : Removed offensive comment aimed at Moderators : link:rules]
Community Veteran

:roll: Thats misinformation at best!

EDIT
Your "PC typo" snide at the MOD's is totally innapropriate!
N/A

DO NOT DO IT UMIT

DO NOT!

link:CUAremoved

read all the complaints about llu, thats what your shiny 8meg connection will be

its the worst thing ever mate, dont go near it.

Well we will see about that. If I continue to have slow speed even after 8mb upgrade, I will cancel my account and move to talk talk.

[Moderator's note by James (sallyandjames): Removed offensive comment aimed at Moderators : link:rules]
N/A

bahahah

thanks for leaving my caps tho, zani bunch you lot Tongue

bahahhah
N/A

i am having the exact same problem and umit17 is my cousin but the problem started about 1 month ago before that it was fine, just after upgrading to 8mb so am thinking is it something to do with 8mb internet?
N/A

Cheesy Hi all, umit i have exactly the same problem as yours, ive been downloading at no more than 10kbps from a p2p site, usually during the night i get around between 20/45kbps, still takes me around 3/4 days to download a 2.5gb file for example. I have definately had enough of the poor poor speeds, i was supposedly put up to 8mbs a few weeks ago but recieved an email today saying i was being upgraded to 8mbs, im confused!!!, ive just started to download battlefield 2142 1gb demo, its downloading at 8kbps and its going to take me 40 hours!!!!!, i feel as though i am still on a 56k dial up connection, ive contacted PN and they said my upload is comeing out at 7000kbps, i dont think so.
N/A

Cheesy Hi all, umit i have exactly the same problem as yours, ive been downloading at no more than 10kbps from a p2p site, usually during the night i get around between 20/45kbps, still takes me around 3/4 days to download a 2.5gb file for example. I have definately had enough of the poor poor speeds, i was supposedly put up to 8mbs a few weeks ago but recieved an email today saying i was being upgraded to 8mbs, im confused!!!, ive just started to download battlefield 2142 1gb demo, its downloading at 8kbps and its going to take me 40 hours!!!!!, i feel as though i am still on a 56k dial up connection, ive contacted PN and they said my upload is comeing out at 7000kbps, i dont think so.

Well I see that many people are having same problem as I so I guess its definitly Plusnet that doing this.

Lets just hope that we will get a respond from an Plusnet admin/representative to the thread.
N/A

Cheesy As you can see m8 most of the posts on the broadband forum are about poor speed, does this not tell you something, PN please sort this out for me and everyone else as its getting very frustrating now Evil Evil . .
N/A

Cheesy As you can see m8 most of the posts on the broadband forum are about poor speed, does this not tell you something, PN please sort this out for me and everyone else as its getting very frustrating now Evil Evil . .

Yeah I noticed that Sad