cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everyone i plusdsl.net should read this.

N/A

Everyone i plusdsl.net should read this.

Hi fellow plus net users

If you are in plusdsl.net real you should read this news item at adslguide. It explains the "feature" of a router used bt which means that tweaking your MTU should make a difference in theory and it does in practice.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=899

It really did make a difference for me. The downstream was not changed. The upstream shot up to about 240 kbps Smiley from around 50-60 kbps Sad

In principle you shouldnt need to *reduce* things like MTU - smaller is not better.

So the question for plus net is whether we will still be going through this "featuresome" router equipment after the upgrade on?

Kindest regards
Lyndon

2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Everyone i plusdsl.net should read this.

yes it does work - clearly a BT issue not a plusnet issue as shown by all the Zen postings -
for those using a router advice seems to vary about whether it is the mtu on the router or the individual pc which matters - having tried different permutations with a Netgear DG 814 seems to me that it is the Netgear adapter setting on the pc (not dial up) that makes the difference

> Hi fellow plus net users
>
> If you are in plusdsl.net real you should read this news item at adslguide. It explains the "feature" of a router used bt which means that tweaking your MTU should make a difference in theory and it does in practice.
>
> http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=899
>
> It really did make a difference for me. The downstream was not changed. The upstream shot up to about 240 kbps Smiley from around 50-60 kbps Sad
>
> In principle you shouldnt need to *reduce* things like MTU - smaller is not better.
>
> So the question for plus net is whether we will still be going through this "featuresome" router equipment after the upgrade on?
>
> Kindest regards
> Lyndon
>
>

N/A

RE: Everyone i plusdsl.net should read this.

> yes it does work - clearly a BT issue not a plusnet issue as shown by all the Zen postings -

This is true. Makes you wonder though, when Zen are helping Plus Net cusomers to get things working.

> yes it does work - clearly a BT issue not a plusnet issue as shown by all the Zen postings -

So I have the ar11 router from plus net. Couldnt find anything in the web interface for tha vis a vis MTU. I have a netgear nic in the pc. It was fiddling about with the nic MTU that made all the difference.