cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everquest problems?

N/A

Everquest problems?

Hi Everyone,

Don't know if anyone else is playing EQ but if they are has anyone noticed an increase in <LINKDEAD> status using Plus.DSL?

Could just be me but everything has been working fine up until 2 weeks ago, now every other day <LINKDEAD> every 15 mins or so (No machine changes whatsoever)

Please let me know if anyone else is getting these problems
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Everquest problems?

I have just started playing again and havent had any trouble - but I have been playing on the UK server Venril Sathir this time around so you could have been running into a routing problem perhaps?

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Don't know if anyone else is playing EQ but if they are has anyone noticed an increase in <LINKDEAD> status using Plus.DSL?
>
> Could just be me but everything has been working fine up until 2 weeks ago, now every other day <LINKDEAD> every 15 mins or so (No machine changes whatsoever)
>
> Please let me know if anyone else is getting these problems

N/A

> I have just started playing again and havent had any trouble - but I have been playing on the UK server Venril Sathir this time around so you could have been running into a routing problem perhaps?
>
Cheers for the reply Victoria,

I'm playing on Venril Sathir as well, the only thing that seems to tie in with my problem is it first started after the April 8th patch. A few guildies have complained of similar problems as well.

I've just reinstalled all my original drivers, defragged the machine yadayadayada...
I'll post back when I've tried it out some more
N/A

erm this could be it (if in doubt, blame verant!)
This from the EQ Live website:
On Wednesday, April 23rd, at 3AM PDT, (11AM GMT), all EverQuest servers will be brought down for a scheduled patch.
The estimated downtime is 6 hours.

- The EverQuest Operations Team

This patch should fix a number of lag related issues currently in the game.
N/A

> erm this could be it (if in doubt, blame verant!)
> This from the EQ Live website:
> On Wednesday, April 23rd, at 3AM PDT, (11AM GMT), all EverQuest servers will be brought down for a scheduled patch.
<snip>

Thanks for the heads up Victoria,

Glad I took the day off work to Level up :-(
I made a couple of further config changes (Reset my Max MTU to default) this morning after noticing lots of connection drops when browsing. These changes seem to have worked in Real world, I'll see how they transfer to Venril Sathir after the patch.
N/A

<SNIP>
>
> Glad I took the day off work to Level up :-(
> I made a couple of further config changes (Reset >my Max MTU to default) this morning after noticing lots of connection drops when browsing. These changes seem to have worked in Real world, I'll see how they transfer to Venril Sathir after the patch.

Well seems like that hasn't made any difference, nor has the patch it would seem. Guess I really will have to try and route this is a ticket