Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Router

filby
Grafter

Ethernet Router

Hi Plus,

I am a sortof longstanding ADSL customer and have a question..... I want to install a wireless network but find only ethernet wireless routers to buy. Can I change my USB ADSL modem for an ADSL router with Ethernet? Is there a way to allow me to thange the current RJ11 to USB to RJ11 to CatVe Ethernet? I know the cable companies don;t use USB modems anymore....anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

Mark
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Ethernet Router

> Hi Plus,
>
> I am a sortof longstanding ADSL customer and have a question..... I want to install a wireless network but find only ethernet wireless routers to buy. Can I change my USB ADSL modem for an ADSL router with Ethernet? Is there a way to allow me to thange the current RJ11 to USB to RJ11 to CatVe Ethernet? I know the cable companies don;t use USB modems anymore....anything you can do to help would be appreciated.
>
> Mark

If you insist on USB rather than opening up your PC for PCI then get a USB wireless network adapter. You will have to get the wireless Ethernet router/access port. Throw the USB modem in the bin.

PC World (yuk) do wireless USB network adapters, I have no idea if they work though Wink

Ed.

N/A

RE: Ethernet Router

> Hi Plus,
>
> I am a sortof longstanding ADSL customer and have a question..... I want to install a wireless network but find only ethernet wireless routers to buy. Can I change my USB ADSL modem for an ADSL router with Ethernet? Is there a way to allow me to thange the current RJ11 to USB to RJ11 to CatVe Ethernet? I know the cable companies don;t use USB modems anymore....anything you can do to help would be appreciated.
>
> Mark

There are a number of ADSL wireless routers on the market that support pppoA.

Try

Draytek 2600We www.seg.co.uk This has 4 port ethernet as well as wireless

Zxyel 650HW

Linksys are bringing one out end of Jan

Speedtouch 570

Have a look at www.dslsource.co.uk