Error 629- can't get connected

N/A

Error 629- can't get connected

I have received, and installed my PCI modem
I am not able to access ADSL
I am getting Error 629
I think I have the right username and password
I also believe all settings are ok and the hardware is connected ok
I am using the same splitter for my ordinary modem with freeserve and it works ok
Any ideas
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Error 629- can't get connected

Three of the most common reasons are incorrect username/password, and duff filters.

Your username is: luard@plusdsl.net just check you haven't used just 'luard'

To check for duff filters remove all phones, faxes, sky digiboxes, dailup modems and the filters, and plug direct into master socket. If it works add filters and phones till you find the duff one

Still not working try google search on error 629, and go through 'em one by one.

N/A

>
>
> Three of the most common reasons are incorrect username/password, and duff filters.
>

Err..... I mean two
N/A

I was looking through the portal yesterday and they have a list of the error codes, problem is cant rember were it was but should not be hard to find

> I have received, and installed my PCI modem
> I am not able to access ADSL
> I am getting Error 629
> I think I have the right username and password
> I also believe all settings are ok and the hardware is connected ok
> I am using the same splitter for my ordinary modem with freeserve and it works ok
> Any ideas

N/A

> I have received, and installed my PCI modem
> I am not able to access ADSL
> I am getting Error 629
> I think I have the right username and password
> I also believe all settings are ok and the hardware is connected ok
> I am using the same splitter for my ordinary modem with freeserve and it works ok
> Any ideas

My hardware arrived yesterday and I have been experiencing exactly the same problem, even plugging the ADSL modem directly into the phone socket. Maybe there is a faulty batch of modems, but BT is coming out on Fri to determine whether ADSL is working properly on my line, so I should have a better idea of what's wrong after then. Good luck, and let us know if you find a solution in the meantime!
N/A

> Thanks for the tip
I removed the filter and it worked!!
Clearly fault 629 can cover a lot of things, all to do woth not connecting.
>
> Three of the most common reasons are incorrect username/password, and duff filters.
>
> Your username is: luard@plusdsl.net just check you haven't used just 'luard'
>
> To check for duff filters remove all phones, faxes, sky digiboxes, dailup modems and the filters, and plug direct into master socket. If it works add filters and phones till you find the duff one
>
> Still not working try google search on error 629, and go through 'em one by one.
>
>
>

N/A

> >See above - I removed the filter and it worked!
I have received, and installed my PCI modem
> > I am not able to access ADSL
> > I am getting Error 629
> > I think I have the right username and password
> > I also believe all settings are ok and the hardware is connected ok
> > I am using the same splitter for my ordinary modem with freeserve and it works ok
> > Any ideas
>
> My hardware arrived yesterday and I have been experiencing exactly the same problem, even plugging the ADSL modem directly into the phone socket. Maybe there is a faulty batch of modems, but BT is coming out on Fri to determine whether ADSL is working properly on my line, so I should have a better idea of what's wrong after then. Good luck, and let us know if you find a solution in the meantime!

N/A

My problem was traced to an RF suppressor that BT had already installed on my line - I live near transmitters and was picking up radio stations on my phone.

They should have spotted it sooner but at least now they've updated it to an ADSL-compatible model, and all is working fine.

Bye for now.

John