cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic browser performance

kilmar
Dabbler

My family have three computers,two Dell desktop and a Compaq notebook. They have a Plusnet BB wireless setup which has been fine until the last couple of days when the browser performance has become very erratic.

I have just spent most of the day trying to sort it out to no avail. They use IE6 and some websites will not load or load very slowly , examples being the Opera browser website , Easyjet and Google . I have loaded Firefox on one of the machines and this gives similar results. The Plusnet speed check is OK and things like E mail and virus updates seem to work normally . I have been trying to find a common denominator is all this but as the browsers are so erratic this has been dificult. Anti virus, Ad aware and Sygate are all installed and have tried switching Sygate on and off and altering security settings in IE.

Any ideas or pointers would be gratefully received.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES
strutsinaction

I too have had issues accessing www.google.co.uk. Other threads indicated this might be related to the PlusNet gw4 gateway. Sure enough, using WinMTR, www.google.co.uk was not accessible when routing via gw4.

I fixed my problem by running ipconfig/renew.
kilmar
Dabbler

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Tried that but no joy.

Websites vary from AOK such as BBC, to erratic such as Easyjet to nothing such as www.rgshw.com. When trying Opera I got as far as the download page but could not download. I cannot log on to Windows update.

My own computer is on BB (single user) a few miles away and all these sites are fine.
kilmar
Dabbler

Spoke to Plusnet support who suggested I reboot the router.

AOK