cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced care Service level agreement

N/A

Enhanced care Service level agreement

News on the ADSL guide site report (see below)BT are going to offer an enhanced care SLA. When and how much will plusnet charge.

BT Wholesale offer enhanced care options to service providers Author: Mr Saffron

BT Wholesale will be making available to service providers a new level of support for a variety of ADSL products from 31st March 2003. The Broadband Enhanced Care product is a cost option in addition to the existing Standard care that exists. This increase in the SLA/SLG should help to encourage businesses to start taking up ADSL in larger numbers.

Enhanced care will offer a 3 hour response time to faults, and a Service Level Guarantee that End User Access faults will be cleared within 20 clock hours. If the SLG is broken then 50% of the monthly rental fee is offered to the service provider (£40 on an IPStream Office 2000 line). To ensure that faults can be cleared, BT now has engineers available 24/7 to deal with them. The downside is the cost at £6.90 per ADSL line per month

2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Enhanced care Service level agreement

Yeah good question I wonder whats gonna happen here. If accepted will +net allow customers to decide if there account will become an enhanced service account or is this only specific to each ISP?
N/A

RE: Enhanced care Service level agreement

Hi Guys,

The totalcare type products are enabled on a per line basis. We do plan to offer this facility to customers in due course. The package will be an overall support package and may include additonal features such as Unmetered Dialup backup and access to a dedicated support team. I would imagine the charge will be between £10 and £15 per month, although at this stage details such as this have not been decided.

I would encourage people to state their demand for this additonal feature as the priority this development gets will depend on the demand we have for the product. Bear in mind that we can only do so much work in terms of new products, and personally I would prefer our directors to concentrate on a higher speed residential broadband offering first!

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support