cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineers Please read (Post if you want 1MB or 768k even)

N/A

Engineers Please read (Post if you want 1MB or 768k even)

I have been informed by PLUSNET that there is not currently a 1megabit package for home users,Maybe in the future there will be ,i am hopeing anyway.
Maybe if theres not a 1mbit conection would there be a 768k conection.i am just trying to get the fastest conection as soon i will be running 3 computers.all which will be conected to my dsl.

many thanks if you post stuff in here i would love to know hjow many others want faster conections for home usage
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Engineers Please read (Post if you want 1MB or 768k even

> I have been informed by PLUSNET that there is not currently a 1megabit package for home users,Maybe in the future there will be ,i am hopeing anyway.
> Maybe if theres not a 1mbit conection would there be a 768k conection.i am just trying to get the fastest conection as soon i will be running 3 computers.all which will be conected to my dsl.
>
> many thanks if you post stuff in here i would love to know hjow many others want faster conections for home usage
>

Hi,

To be honest, there hasn't been a time in my 3 months of ADSL usage when I've thought 'damn I wish it was faster!'. I'm prepared to wait until PlusNet can put together an affordable package, then I might upgrade. Bear in mind I'm a web developer, so I'm on the net pretty much my entire waking life!

I recently moved into a cable-equipped house and could have had a 1mbit connection from NTL for about £45 a month. For one, I didn't want to leave PlusNet (who are superb) and two, I couldn't justify the extra expenditure.

I spent 2 years on 56k and I'm loving my 512kbps ADSL well enough right now, although I can see how in cases such as yours there might well be a demand for a bigger connection.

--
http://www.akpcep.com
N/A

Instead of complaining to Plusnet, why don't you go complain to BT. Its their product that Plusnet (and every other ADSL ISP in the country) resells. Until BT stop selling 1Mbit wholesale at around the 70 quid mark, no ISP can sell it cheaper.
N/A

> Instead of complaining to Plusnet, why don't you go complain to BT. Its their product that Plusnet (and every other ADSL ISP in the country) resells. Until BT stop selling 1Mbit wholesale at around the 70 quid mark, no ISP can sell it cheaper.

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??
when did i complain?? i said plusnet was great
N/A

> http://www.akpcep.com

Many Thanks Alex i am greatfull that someone has some good feedback for me to read i am glad there is someone else other then me.also i need a fast conection i am sending video footage to my other computer not in the same house ,a few house's away.sending atleast 400meg files.

thanks alex

chrisSmiley

N/A

> I have been informed by PLUSNET that there is not currently a 1megabit package for home users,Maybe in the future there will be ,i am hopeing anyway.
> Maybe if theres not a 1mbit conection would there be a 768k conection.i am just trying to get the fastest conection as soon i will be running 3 computers.all which will be conected to my dsl.
>
> many thanks if you post stuff in here i would love to know hjow many others want faster conections for home usage
>

I for one would like a faster connection, I am a big linux user so I am reguarly downloading 3/4 iso images at a got thats 2 gig, sure it comes down in a few hours but what can I say I am a speed freak. A faster upstream wouldnt go amis as well.