cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarrased by my slow speed

N/A

I had a friend round on Saturday, to watch some stuff streamed over the net and man was i was cringing all the way. all week i'd been doing this no worries then Saturday came my broadband speed dropped like mad. Let's just say i wasn't in the mood to recommend her to Plus.net - will this pick up any time soon?
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

If it synched at 160kbps you have serious problems which are nothing to do with PlusNet
N/A

could it be the weather or maybe i reached my download limit
Community Veteran

probably the weather as any PlusNet speed restrictions have no effect on your synch speed
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

You're still on a fixed rate service as far as our's and BT's systems show.

You can request an upgrade to upto 8MB broadband (MaxDSL) here.
Community Veteran

Since the latest edit has taken out the reference to synch speed would it be reasonable to assume you have reached your data limit and are being throttled. Perhaps a little more information would help such as the product you are on and your actual usage this month
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

You can check your current usage under View My Usage under Connection Settings on the left, you may also want to look at this:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_plus.shtml
N/A

ran a speed test last night. downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of 248 kilo bits per second (Kbps)totally gutted!

my product is PlusNet Broadband Plus up to 8Mb, why am I still on a fixed rate service?

ok i'll check out the upgrade to upto 8MB broadband (MaxDSL)
James
Grafter

Hi there,

Your speeds are restricted as you have gone over 4GB during peak times. As per my other posts, I'd recommend having a look at the Broadband Your Way products that we offer.

If you raise a ticket, I'll get you moved onto Max asap.