cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails, getting 2

N/A

Emails, getting 2

I have been getting every email twice, saying account is active and about billing etc, all twice, was wondering if this is normal or if I am getting charged twice or something?
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Emails, getting 2

Check the addresses that are used. You will find that one is to the address you gave when you signed up and the other will be to "postmaster" at your account.
This is to ensure that you will always get one of them as it is a requirement of your contract that you do monitor the "postmaster" address.
N/A

Emails, getting 2

hmm, they both show exactly the same

postmaster@username.plus.com; hbandrew@username.plus.com

Both have both these emails that its sent to, aint actually checked postmaster till just now but it had no emails, but I did change contact email in the member centre from postmaster to the other one as soon as I registered.

Moderators note (John) Email addresses altered to deter spy robots from harvesting.
Community Veteran

Emails, getting 2

If the two addresses you list above are the ones that that are proper to the mails you received then this is correct.

As I said earlier you will get one to the name you are using as the contact one in your account setting ( which you have made hbandrew) and one to the address of postmaster.

By the way I am going to edit the addresses you have shown above as its not a good idea to post your actual email address in the forums. It can be harvested by robots which could cause you to be deluged with spam.
N/A

Emails, getting 2

I went through all this with support asking why i started getting 2 of the same billing email. Ive had my postmaster account set up to forward to my other mailbox for a long time and its only in the last few months that ive started getting 2 copies of the emails. I never used to before. I did tell them this several times but they didnt listen :roll:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Emails, getting 2

Hi,

We send all email to both your contact address and the postmaster address so if you have a redirect for postmaster or just have a default mailbox then you will receive 2 copies of all correspondance.
N/A

Emails, getting 2

Ah thanks, glad to know I aint getting charged twice, thanks john for changeing the emails, didnt think about that.
N/A

Emails, getting 2

yeah i was told that by support but ive said so many times i never used too. Even when postmaster was set up to forward to my other mailbox that i use.