cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email question

N/A

Email question

I have set-up three different aliases for my family who also use this internet connection. I know how to do it in the email settings section, but I have a question about the email software I am using.

At the moment I am using MS Outlook for my own email (other people in my family are currently using the mail on AOL, which I have now cancelled as I move to ADSL), when I want to send or receive my own mail I just click Send/Receive on the top bar, I know how to add accounts but how can I configure Outlook so that it first asks which account (which person) to send/recieve from?

Is Outlook the best software to use for this? I have also considered Eudora or Netscape Communicator.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Email question

> At the moment I am using MS Outlook

> when I want to send or receive my own mail I
> just click Send/Receive on the top bar, I know
> how to add accounts but how can I configure
> Outlook so that it first asks which account
> (which person) to send/recieve from?

I don't think you can. The "Send/Receive" button acts on all accounts that have the "include this account when receiving or synchronising" box checked. To use individual accounts you have to go to Tools-Send/Receive on the menubar, where you'll get a list of accounts.

> Is Outlook the best software to use for this? I
> have also considered Eudora or Netscape
> Communicator.

Everyone has their own favourites and mail clients are a very personal thing. I use Outlook myself on occasion but I'm not a big fan. I've never used Eudora but I'd give it the nod ahead of Netscape simply because it's designed as a mail client and not a web browser. As for Lookout Distress.... <shudder>

My best advice is download as many as you can find and settle on the one you're happiest using.

--
Slàinte!
Al

[ADSL Home self-install + Asus 6000EV]
N/A

I and many other people use outlook [as opposed to outlook express] It seems to be the industry standard. However, I think you may encounter a problem using the AOL address as they use their own browser and software [i am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong]. I looked at it in the old days but shyed away from it due to it taking a hold of my system too much.

N/A

If you used outlook express you could use the identities feature. This allows you to create and use mutliple email settings. Each time you switch identity its is like having another mail program.

Kind regards

Kevin
N/A

> I and many other people use outlook [as
> opposed to outlook express] It seems to be
> the industry standard.

Any app with setup defaults that allow top-posting of HTML can never be described as a standard! ;-)

--
Slàinte!
Al

[ADSL Home self-install + Asus 6000EV]