cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

N/A

Email problems

I'm currently having problems sending and receiving emails using MS Outlook to and from my PlusNet email address. This used to happen every now and again, but it's started happening more and more frequently recently.

This is a typical error message I receive :

Task 'mail.plus.net - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Any suggestions or is it a fault PlusNet's end?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Email problems

Have you tried temporarily without any anti-virus & software firewalls enabled. Some (I.e. NIS) have a habit of blocking the connection after a while and a reinstall is necessary to get them working again.

What verson of outlook are you running:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827349
N/A

Sending Email

I have a very similar, perhaps the same problem. 3 machine on a wireless network.
The old one with WIN98SE works fine
An old desk top worked OK with WIN 98SE. Upgraded to XPpro - willnot send reliably without attachments. NEVER sends a mail with an attachment!
NEW machine with XPhome is will not reliably send plain messages and never sends messages with attachments.
I'm using OE 6 on all machines. Tried Pegasus - same problems.
Tried disabling firewall and antivirus (ANTIVIR) problems persist. Customer support don't seem to know what to do!
If you fix it please let me know!!