cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Problems

N/A

Email Problems

hi
i cant log onto my email even though myt password has been altered it just wont accept it!

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'StakesbyArms', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid user name or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'StakesbyArms', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid user name or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'Secretary', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid user name or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

i get all them errors when trying to get any mail!
any ideaS?
cheers
1 REPLY
N/A

Email Problems

Hmm, are you running AVG or a similar anti virus? Your server is set to 127.0.0.1 (when it should be mail.plus.net). I ask because I know that AVG alters these settings so that you connect to a local mail server - and I seem to remember this requiring some slightly different username / password combinations.

If you are running AVG (or an anti virus program which does a similar sort of thing) I would suggest trying to run the wizard within the anti virus program which controls the setup of the email accounts. Ohterwise set the server address to mail.plus.net.

You might also want to have a read of this tutorial - with this you can learn how to check your mail using telnet (which will show whether the password is infact working and it's a local system error, or if it's something other than that).