cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Activation and surfing, now no link.

Avonbrudge

Hi,

I Installed my broadband and got everything working okay on wednesday evening, I spent a good 3 to 4 hours, surfing and downloading windows updates, with no probs.

Yesterday, when I got home the link and ready lights on my router were flashing on and off, and the router diagnostic tests report that the ADSL line is not enabled/connected. I've had just the Microfilter and the router connected to the line by itself, but it didn't make any difference, and power cycling the router didn't help.
After a few hours I did get connected for 15 minutes (around 10pm), before it went unavailable again.

My initital BT activation is scheduled for this saturday, but I had assumed that since I was "on" on wednesday, then that was it.

Should I be waiting til after saturday before reporting the problem ?

Cheers,
Ferg.
3 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Once you're up and running, that should be it.
I'd give CS a ring and ask them what's going on.

And just a thought, can you get any line stats from your router to confirm that your downream attenuation and SNR are OK for a good broadand conection?
LiamM
Grafter

Plusnet will be able to see if BT have confirmed the work has completed on your line. If not, then they will need to wait until Saturday before they can escalate the problem.

You're definately not sync'ing to the exchange now then?
Avonbrudge

Note really sure what was wrong.

I logged a problem with BT on friday, and spoke to both a voice and adsl engineer who said that they had ran tests on the line and everything checked out okay.
Sure enough over the weekend the ADSL was working great.

Fergus.