cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earlier problem with ADSL

N/A

Earlier problem with ADSL

Dear Customer,

Please see the service status posting just posted for further information on the earlier problem.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Earlier problem with ADSL

Thanks for the reply, although perhaps support could have been a little more informative earlier when you knew there was a problem. I would point out,however, that this problem has been going on for a while now. I am paying for ADSL speeds, and for about 50% of the time I have been with you I have been getting dial up speeds. How long is this likely to continue ? I have read the notices on the staus boards and must confess to being a little concerned. Is this problem going to continue to appear, or will you be able to sort it out ? I am sure that I speak for many of your ADSL users. I would be interested to hear you comments on this subject.

Regards, John Taylor

Grimbo
Grafter

> Please see the service status posting just posted for further information on the earlier problem.

>Currently BT’s HomeGateway is supporting just 55% of its designed capacity for concurrent connections, leading to symptoms such as ‘packet loss’ and unresponsive connectivity for some users.

So will you be suing them and will we be receiving a refund.
N/A

Our first interest is to get the problem resolved as fast as possible. ADSL is still relatively a new product in the UK and is only now becoming under reasonable load levels at the exchange and the provider level. As such BT are only now seeing what effects lots of users have on their equipment in the real world, outside of the testing environment.

Please be assured that we are working to get the matter resolved as fast as possible. We are liasing with BT every step of the way to ensure that any issues are dealt with quickly, to ensure a stable broadband platform.

Kind Regards

Kevin
--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
PCSensei
Dabbler

I support John Taylor and Graeme Allon's comments, which echo what I have also asked, and which Support has studiously avoided answering. Are your lawyers talking to BT about compensation which can be passed on to customers? We don't need to hear BT's sob stuff about new technology problems - they are marketing a service which you are reslling at a price and yet between you and BT users are only getting 50% service. In any other commercial area that would automatically mean 50% compensation.
N/A

Results from your most recent broadband speed test recorded on 01 August 2002 at 00:05:19.

Your Connection

Direction Actual Speed True Speed
Downstream 183 Kbps (22.9 KB/sec) 210 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 56 Kbps (7.0 KB/sec) 64 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Well it has gone midnight, and things normally pick up a bit by now. OK, we are seeing the fruits of BT putting shareholders' dividends before investment/customers over the years, but this is getting very tedious. Sad