cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPERTS PLEASE HELP

N/A

EXPERTS PLEASE HELP

Hi,

As of Saturday night ive been unable to get adsl it was working fine until about 7.00pm, I went out for a few hours came back tried to log on to plusnet but cannot get any pages to display in browser. It says im connected to adsl and all looks fine but ie6 reports web page cannot be displayed and at bottom it says DNS error. The connection seems to be ok. It wont let me look at any webpages as i get same error. PLEASE HELP.

I even phoned plusnet up they gave me new ip and still same problem. Im using my 56k modem to write this.

Hope you all can help.

Kind regards

Jason Turner
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: EXPERTS PLEASE HELP

See my answer to your previous post regarding loss of DNS. i have explained there how to correct it.

Regards,
--
Jason
=====
N/A

I use these DNS servers as plus net's seem to fall over every now and then..

Cableinet/Telewest

Or Blueyonder

I know these work all the time or I'd be getting loads of calls.
Angus

N/A

I had the same problem which turned out to be a fault causing the assigned isp address bouncing around inside dolpiaza.core.telehouse.plus.net. Ask TechHelp to do a tracert command when you are "connected"... when they did this with me the signal never left telehouse.
Sheepy

> Hi,
>
> As of Saturday night ive been unable to get adsl it was working fine until about 7.00pm, I went out for a few hours came back tried to log on to plusnet but cannot get any pages to display in browser. It says im connected to adsl and all looks fine but ie6 reports web page cannot be displayed and at bottom it says DNS error. The connection seems to be ok. It wont let me look at any webpages as i get same error. PLEASE HELP.
>
> I even phoned plusnet up they gave me new ip and still same problem. Im using my 56k modem to write this.

Hi,

I'm no expert but I ofetn get the same probelm - lokks like it anyway - as this. If your system has gone into Standby or Hibernation etc. then the modem loses it's ability to toggle on / toggle off. Re-boot your system and try again ... this always works for me. Try to limit the power saving options on your system. In my experience they cause more problems than they solve.
rgds
Bob Baxter

>
> Hope you all can help.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Jason Turner