cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDIT - prob with tel solved - happy bunny now

pcorker
Grafter

Using the old modem would tell you if it's the modem or not but have you still got the driver for it?
Lack of synching and a new house sounds like a line or exchange problem.
Did you check the exchange at: http://cgi.support.plus.com/exchanges/
I wrote a few notes HERE about the settings page
Don't forget that we are all rather guessing in the dark as there are a load of different possible reasons!
Pat.
pcorker
Grafter

PS my cheap 8m flat extension works fine.
My last one didn't after the gas fire had been standing on it for a few months...
Pat.
N/A

RJ11 lead is just the correct technical term for an extension lead with BT plug & socket on the ends.

No, the RJ11 is the miniature close to square cross-section plug which is used in many modems, both analogue and ADSL. My 3Com 56K modem has such a socket as do the ADSL routers (AR11, AR41 and Conexant) that I own.

You can buy extension cables with a BT plug one end, and "in line" BT socket at the other end. You can also buy RJ11 extension cables - one of my neighbours has one. These won't go into a BT socket unless you have an adaptor. If you look at Ebuyer for item code: 32632 you'll see a photo of the connectors at the end of one of these cables.
N/A

Blast !!!!, wording could be stronger but the word censor will take it out.
Of course, RJ11 is the american phone plug. The UK phone plug is known as the BT11 in certain areas (BT1 being the old jack plug).
Sorry for the confusion. It was the mention of "extension" that diverted my thoughts. Must put brain in gear before typing.
N/A

ar well
looks like the headache is over

in the end just extended the phone line between the modem and the splitter
sigh

cheers for all help given :lol:
N/A

welldone..
so next time you know what to do...joechen

as i mention on my post of your main thread..

sing Wink

also joechen...why not change the topic...to be as
"solved --problem with tel cable "

so other newuser if they have same prob then they can do a search might find this thread is useful. Shocked
N/A

Router problems

hi,
I have just started encountering problems with my broadband connection and the problem appears to be a new sky box. It is filtered, but when we plug in the phone line the adsl light flickers.

Also, in the past we had two problems, one was an extension wired behind the bt socket and then when that was identified and filtered we had a line problem that caused intermittant problems, our phone line was sitting in water. A woosh test identified the line problem.

Has anyone else had problems with sky?
Nicky
N/A

My sky box is filtered and has no problems. I would suggest trying a new filter on your box, incase the one you have is faulty.
Alternatively, could the cable from the sky box to the master socket (I assume it is an extension) be picking up any interference from somewhere, such as the TV/Video/DVD player/Skybox Huh
N/A

I have sky installed with no problems either. As previously said, check your filters and maybe your wiring setup (see tutorials sections).

As for interference it could be, the extension that was fitted for my sky was shocking :shock: .

In addiition I have to use shieided cables around my TV, video etc., due to the large magnet in my Sub-Woofer, for my surround sound system.