Did you mean: 

E-mail problem

N/A

E-mail problem

Dear plusnet,

I have recently been receiving the following message in MS Outlook XP:-

Task 'Plusnet - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F):'The
connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues,
contact your server administrator or Internet Service provider (ISP).

I was able to download my mail from my plus.net account until i recently changed my BT number from the one originally given to you on date 31/01/2003. However this has not affected my internet as it is still working. I have also checked my SMTP and POP3 information settings which seem to be correct.

Please advise

Regards

Zain
1 REPLY
N/A

E-mail problem

The error is on MS knowledge base
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;EN-US;KBHOWTO
and the answers are

Comments?
Provide us with feedback on this article

Support Centres
Office Development
Office XP Suite
Outlook 2002
Outlook

General Info
Contact Microsoft
Support Options, Phone Numbers, and Online Support

Support Webcasts
Online Presentations, Live and Recorded, on Microsoft Products by Microsoft Experts

Page Options
Send
Print

OL2002: "Error 0x800ccc0f: Connection to the Server Was Interrupted" Error Message When You Try to Send or Receive an E-Mail Message
Applies To
This article was previously published under Q329916
SYMPTOMS
When you try to send or receive an e-mail message in Outlook 2002, you may receive an error message similar to the following:

Error 0x800ccc0f: Connection to the server was interrupted.
CAUSE
This problem may occur if you have an antivirus e-mail protection utility enabled, which checks the mail as it comes in from your Post Office Protocol (POP) server.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, disable the antivirus e-mail protection utility, and then manually add the POP server name in the E-mail Accounts dialog box in Outlook. To manually add the POP server setting, follow these steps:
Start Outlook.
On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, click Add.
Click POP3, and then click Next.
Type the correct information for your POP3 mail server, and then click Next.
Click Finish.

solution 2

OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f When Receiving and Sending E-Mail
Applies To
SYMPTOMS
When you try to send and receive e-mail, you may receive one of the following error messages:

The server could not be found. (Account:account name, POPserver:'mail', Error Number: 0x800ccc0d)
-or-

Task 'server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800ccc0f): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ? K'
-or-

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account. account name, Server: 'server name', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): N0, Error Number: 0x800ccc0f
CAUSE
This error message occurs when Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express cannot establish a connection with your e-mail server.
WORKAROUND
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods as appropriate for your situation.
Method 1: Confirm That Your E-Mail Server Settings Are Correct
For information about the correct settings for your e-mail server, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) or system administrator.

Method 2: Configure Firewall Software
Configure your firewall software to grant access to the Internet for the following files.
For Outlook Express: Msimn.exe
For Outlook: Outlook.exe
By default, most e-mail clients have to have outbound access on port 110 and inbound access on port 25. For more information about the ports that communicate with your e-mail server, contact your ISP or system administrator.
Method 3: Check the Symantec Web Site for Additional Suggestions
If you have the Norton antivirus e-mail feature enabled, you may have to do additional configuration to use Outlook or Outlook Express with the Norton antivirus e-mail feature. For more information, visit the following Symantec Web site.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001082921552806