cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamode A360

Community Veteran

Dynamode A360

Supprised people had probs with XP, was it pro or home? the majority of the systems I need these for are XP pro, with just a few 2k and nt4 machines.

im going to be doing some testing on all 3 platforms tonight and writing my idiot guides Smiley erm I mean user guides.

Chris
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Dynamode A360

Anyone have any feedback on these good or bad? I know PlusNet used to sell them about a year ago so I guess a few users have them.

Im going to be sourcing a few modems for a few people and managed to get a good price on these and I've got one for testing at the moment. It's for use on a variety of machines running XP, 2k and nt4.

Chris
N/A

Dynamode A360

So far V happy with A360 although I’m not using any of the OS U mention I’m using win 98se. Mines worked fine since I joined, never dropped a connection, only issue I have with this modem is if I use the software to disconnect it doesn’t always reconnect if left disconnected for more than about 20 minutes. If I restart the PC it connects fine, solution, I don’t use to software to disconnect. Suffice to say it’s the only ADSL modem I’ve used so I can’t make any comparisons, but so far so good. Cheesy
N/A

Dynamode A360

They still do supply them as part of the package.
I signed up in March this year and that's the modem I got.
Never had any probs with it at all.
Community Veteran

Dynamode A360

Well, quite a few people have problems with this modem on Windows XP - me included (it still leaves a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth). On older OSs though this modem seems to be fine.

Thomas
KJS
Grafter

Dynamode A360

Just my 2 pence worth. I am running XP Home and so far no problems at all. Have just been upgraded to 1mb from 512 and coped with that as well.

Keith
Community Veteran

Dynamode A360

As far as I know the version of XP didn't make the slightest bit of dfference...
...The problem wit these modems is that they can work fine for ages on Windows XP, then suddenly start playing up, maybe because you've installed some new device or software something.

I wouldn't touch those things with a barge pole. But it's up to you. Smiley

Thomas
N/A

Dynamode A360

I wouldn't touch those things with a barge pole.

My sentiments exactly, the thought of coming into
contact with one of those montsers brings me out in
a cold sweat. In fact writing this has made me quite
ill,so I think I'll have to go and have a lie down.
Community Veteran

Dynamode A360

Ok then, any recomendations for USB modems?

Chris
N/A

Dynamode A360

Speedtouch 330 from speedtouch uk. Drivers designed by
Alcatel specifically for the UK market ,or so they say ,but
they should know since their responsible for a lot of the
infrastructure. Supplied by companies such as Eclipse
and Pipex to their customers. Very fast pings, doesn't
disconnect. At least you'll get a warranty and good back-up.
http://www.speedtouchonline.com/330datasheet.asp
I feel better now :lol:
Community Veteran

Dynamode A360

Not a bad price.

I'll see how I get on with trials on the dynamode first. Not really bothered about it disconnecting, just how well they install on some tempromental old laptops Smiley and how well they cope on vpn.
N/A

Dynamode A360

Running mine with XP Pro. was on 500 now on 1mb. Runs great. Apart from the speed problems everyone is having but obviously not modem related.
N/A

Dynamode A360

As "wagle" once pointed out, the SpeedTouch 330 USB may be obtained for £39.95 inclusive of VAT and P&P, and, apparently, comes with 2 microfilters. See http://adsl.looseconnection.com/hardware/speedTouch330.shtml
N/A

Dynamode A360

Why pay £39.95 , when you could have it for £79.95 + P&P
including the privelage of being shafted by your ISP.Lol