cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamode A220 PCI Modem

N/A

Dynamode A220 PCI Modem

Ive been offered an Dynamode pci modem of a friend and was wondering if they are meant to be any good? Ive used his computer and sometimes it can take up to 5 mins for the adsl line to be activated is this the modems fault or does it depend how far away from a exchange you are? If you dont recomend a Dynamode modem could you give me some advice as to which one I should buy and why the Dynamode isnt meant to be that good?
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Dynamode A220 PCI Modem

if its Free then you cant loose, but if your buying it best buy one with a warranty left.

As for slow synching can be:

1. Windows XP - it doesnt work well with PCI dsl modems.
2. In the wrong PCI slot, best Not in the first PCI slot as that shares a IRQ with the AGP slot so gives problems[first slot = closest to the agp slot]. Try moving it , mine is best in slot 4 or 5 as 1 to 3 give problems.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Dynamode A220 PCI Modem

5 min login issues are usualy down to a single setting inside XP.

In the dial-in properties, make sure "login to network"is unticked

This causes issues with DSL, as well as with old modem connections.
N/A

dynamode A220 modem

Hi Shylock,
I got the modem you mentioned included in my PlusNet-supplied starter pack. It was fairly easy to install and seems to work fine, although I'm on Windows 98 not XP. I also overcame the lengthy log-in time by unchecking the box that Philip mentions above (it's a problem for Win98 as well as XP), reducing the log-in time from 1minute to about 5 seconds or so.

The only problem I've had with my ADSL connection is the occasional disconnection (maybe once or twice in an evening at most) but I've been unable to determine whether this is the modem at fault (could be the line, phone cables, filters etc). It used to disconnect a lot more frequently, but I downloaded the updated connexant driver (4012.099.050.000) from www.themad-house.co.uk and I think (although I cannot be 100% certain) that this seemed to help.

Hope this is helpful.
Mike.
N/A

Dynamode A220 PCI Modem

Thanks for the reply chaps.
Being a bit of a newbie to computers I not sure how you get to the Login to network box to untick it. Ive got xp so I thought you went into network connections, right click on the adsl modem and then scroll down to properties. This gives me 5 options, General, Options, Security, Networking and Advanced. Ive looked at all these and cant find the log in to network box, am I looking in the wrong place?
N/A

Dynamode A220 PCI Modem

Does anybody know how to access the Login to network on xp so I can untick it to see if it speeds up my modem connection. I cant find it anywhere?
N/A

Dynamode A220 PCI Modem

Cry
N/A

Dynamode A220 PCI Modem

I have looked too but can find it. I have seen it in previous versions of windows, maybe it's not used in XP.
N/A

Dynamode A220 PCI Modem

To my knowledge there isnt an option for that in XP. Try clicking properties on the connection and unticking INCLUDE WINDOWS LOGON DOMAIN (on the options tab) You could also go into networking tab and double click TCP/IP
then assign the IP given by plusnet.
N/A

re - pci modem

I too am running XP and have the Dynamode A220 pci
taking care of bussiness. Cheesy
The setting you are referring to does not exsist in XP.
However " include windows logon domain" has a smilair effect.

My ADSL connection sometimes takes 5 mins to connect but mostly
it takes a matter of seconds , Ive put this down to log on times ,
connection ratio and generally heavy traffic....Am I wrong ?

Ive had my ADSL connection for about 6 months now
and can say that my connection has never dropped once !! ever.
(maybe I shoudnt have said that........) :?
N/A

Dynamode A220 PCI Modem

inside dial up networking right click adsl conection

its in there someweres

but i havein other problem with same modem i running win98se

i get slow sync and disconections