cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Droppping Connection - last 3 weeks since upgrades

N/A

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can help. Since the speed upgrades my broadband connection keeps dropping off and I have to restart the router. This has been happening once or twice a day for the last 3 weeks, really annoying now. i was expecting this for the first 10 -15 days while they were upgrading.

Before the upgrades i would may be reboot the router once a month. Any ideas, solutions would be helpful.

Ez
9 REPLIES
tangey
Grafter

My post today on this topic might be of interest:-

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44265
N/A

Do you have access to another router you can try?

I ask because I have a netgear DG834GT which had performed adequately until such time as I was upgraded to MAX. The SNR on the line was a bit twitchy at the time I started looking at it just before MAX, jumping by maybe 10dB from one second to the next but it never dropped the 2Mbps connection.

After MAX, the line would sometimes stay up for days but at other times it would be up for no more than 30 minutes at a time and rarely did it get above 4000kbps. In an effort to prove BT had screwed my line, I got hold of my old modem, an ancient DLINK DSL-504 which to my amazement held a constant 7552kbps for the week it was connected without dropping once. The SNR was reported at a constant 2dB - it has always reported low.

Having updated the DG834GT firmware to the latest version, it crashed constantly and after an hour on the phone got a replacement from netgear. The new unit connected immediately slightly faster and the SNR has not varied from 5.6-5.8dB at any time of the day.
Griffo
Grafter

I am in the same boat as esrar. Even had PN and BT both test the line, but no faults have been found with it. Some service this MaxDSL turned out to be!
N/A

dropping out

Just signed up, what a nightmare, dropping out every few minutes, anyone else?
N/A

same, internet seems to be fine all day (although last couple of nights it has been going really slow for no reason) - then next morning I wake and I have no connection at all and I have to go restart the router.

I had this router / setup on another connection whilst Iwas living in uni and the connection stayed on rock solid for months at a time, recently PN have just fell apart - im giving them the summer to sort themselves out then im looking for a new isp Sad
N/A

Dropping connection

Me too, last connection with other ISP never dropped out, will give these 1 week, then I'm off.
N/A

Just ploughing though lots of forum posts and think that maybe here is the right place to post.

Over the last 1-2 weeks, my connection drops out about every 5 mins. Comes back after a 1 min delay. I can live with it when surfing but when on a messenger, it is really, really annoying.

Is is just a case of sitting tight?

I've read all the advice about changing hardware etc. Shouldn't Plusnet be able to tell us what hardware will or will not function correctly? (I got my hardware from Plusnet)

I'm not seeing many posts from people wh have had problems and they've improved. Here's hoping!
N/A

dropping connectionThis morning things seem to have improved

This morning(23/07/06) things have got better. I suspect they are resolving things at their end. I can't see that this a hardware issue for us the user. I use internet for many things including travel and banking, and the last thing you need is a disconnection part way through a transaction. In this day and age you should get the service that is advertised and what you paid for. I hope things improve for us all. After all there are other companies out there!
N/A

I'm getting this too... sometimes it won't accept my username or password but it never gets changed...

I have to say that if it's the hardware that they provide I will not be impressed!!!

Does anyone know what's causing this? Is there somewhere where i can register the problem... I tried the fault checker but it asked me if my username and password were accepted yes/no... there was no "sometimes" option :shock:

Anyone got any ideas? Is it just a case of waiting?