cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping :(

thePhoolish
Grafter

Over the last few days I've returned to my PC to find that the green 'connected' light on my router is off, another dropped connection.

Speed is fine when connected, but it's bl00dy annnoying returning to find the net knocked off again, and I have to reset the router (bit like dial-up, what with the 20-30 second wait to connect Cry )

Firmware is up to date on the router (DG814 - FW 4.Cool, so are there probs with Plusnet?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Are you using filters on all phone sockets that are in use? Are you sure these filters are working as they should (do you hear hissing on the phone if you use it through one of these filters while the ADSL equipment is connected)?
thePhoolish
Grafter

All phone points are filtered (2 phones), with no line noise, it's very clear..
N/A

Exactly the same problem here, it's highly frustrating. Sometimes it drops after 5 mins, sometimes after hours.
N/A

May be worth also buying a filtered mains extension especially for computers. Good ones can be expensive but will protect PC and ancilliaries from voltage spikes, RFI and a small degree of EMI. Spikes and RF could cause the router to hiccup.