Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped connections

N/A

Dropped connections

Hi there .... :-)

Well, this has been a bit of a saga.

I upgraded to a 1MB line a few weeks back, and since then the service seems to have been a little choppy. Before the upgrade, the connection was rock solid; now it seems to drop for no apparent reason. Also, I can't connect to it with my trusty Netgear ADSL modem, but the DLink G604T seems happy enough for a few hours, before dropping. It wouldn't be so bad, except it takes a number of tries to restore the connection.

At the moment, I'm not sure if it is the line, or the modem (though I find it hard to believe that both ADSL modems are faulty).

But the other thing that's troubling me, is that as well as being less reliable, the 1MB connection doesn't seem any faster than the 512KB line I had previously! All the test numbers say 1MB, but I really can't see any speed difference.

Is anyone else having similar experiences who could offer a bit of advice?

Thanks in advance

Ray
3 REPLIES
N/A

Dropped connections

There seems to be a major problem with reliability nowadays. See my post. You have just informed us it is with the 1MB connection as well Sad
N/A

Dropped connections

I refered several clients to plus net and it's a real problem, not just with plusnet I might add, some people are lucky to connect at all. One client in particular is lucky to get on for a few mins a day and has had her line checked by bt but still has issues. I thing the 1mb connection requires you to be closer to the exchange so probably means less connections.

I suspect it's a quality of cable problem that causes this and the higher the rate of connection the worse the problem. Maybe wrong though.
N/A

Dropped connections

I am having exactly the same problems, and again after upgrading to the 1mb option. Speed difference seems minimal but there is some imrpovement. The disconnections are getting annoying. Plusnet are trying to blame the modem at the moment. I don't think it is that. Too many other postings similar. I was pointed to:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21604

and it was interesting. My dropped connections seem (on the ones I remember) to co-incide with high Plusnet bandwidth. I am going to keep a tracer track.

Has your problem been resolved?