cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped conection

N/A

Dropped conection

Hi can anyone help, I loose my conection if I leave it alone for a little while, and even sometimes while still working on machine, also how do I get to where you alter packet size, Ta
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Dropped conection

You are not alone - what modem and Pc operating system/hardware do you have?

I have a similar problem and it has been outstanding since I started nearly a month ago!

With a bit of luck if enough people with the same problem club together support will find a cure
N/A

It sounds as if in your settings it is set to disconnect after a set idle time. If you tell us what operating system your on i think we can help you.

Dave Allan
N/A

I also have a similar problem....I lose connection and I have to change my username & password to the startup_user@startup_domain and then back. I have to do this a couple of times and then it seems to reconnect. The last time it did it (about 8:15pm tonight) I had to do all the above but this time it worked after I changed my plusdsl password to be incorrect & then changed it back to be correct....this then seemed to get me connected again.....this is a major pain in the rear.....any ideas ? - to me it seems as though the problem is something to do with plusnets server or my user configuration at plusnets end. I beleive this becasue the startup user connects to the BT demo page every time without fail....

Cheers folks

John

3com router
op sys - M.E
P4 - 2.4 ghz
256mb ram
N/A

> Hi can anyone help, I loose my conection if I leave it alone for a little while, and even sometimes while still working on machine, also how do I get to where you alter packet size, Ta

hi trevor i had the same problem i contacted support and they e-mailed me updated drivers for my modem,i am useing xp prof.
N/A

> It sounds as if in your settings it is set to disconnect after a set idle time. If you tell us what operating system your on i think we can help you.
>
> Dave Allan

Hi and thank's, I am running XP Pro, I have done the Dr TCP and it seems a trifle quiker. but still will not stay on.