I'm a linux user and the BT Voyager that came with the package has been a bug-bear from day so I bought a router.
After setting it up and checking and double checking all the settings my download speeds have dropped drastically and according to the plusnet speed test it's been around the 1 meg mark, on an 8 meg connection.
I assumed there was some problem related to the router so I tried the BT Voyager again and that is now even worse.
I believe changing to the router is just coincidence.
I've checked my exchange and the status is green, it is fully maxdsl enabled and it says I should be able to recieve speeds of 6.5 to 8 meg.
I've tried changing the MTU etc but it's made little difference.