cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dr. Speedtouch Help Required!

N/A

Hi Guys

I've got myself a "Speedtouch 330" ADSL modem ready for the upcoming activation (05/10/2005), but when I run the "Dr. Speedtouch" utility, it stops at the first test and says that a problem has been detected with my computer.

Running the troubleshooter, says that it's something to do with TCP/IP.

But I've followed the recommended steps and still the problem persists.

Now I can understand the last two tests (ISP & Internet) in "Dr. Speedtouch" throwing up an error), but surely the first two tests (My Computer & Speedtouch) should be OK?

Or is it just a case that none of the tests will be OK until my line is fully activated?

Anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Or may be a firewall issue?

OS is XP Pro (SP2) btw.

TIA
--
Regards
Ripperoo
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

What TCPIP error is it actually coming up with? what firewall are you running? I'm sure how far you'll actually get with the setup as unless your line is activated, it may not fully install anyway.
N/A

What TCPIP error is it actually coming up with?

Thing is, TCP/IP is installed and as far as I can make out, working OK. I mean my dial-up wouldn't work if TCP/IP was kaput would it?

I've also tried running "Dr. Speedtouch" when my USB dial-up modem is diconnected and it is still the same. Sad

what firewall are you running?

Good ol' "Zonealarm" (standard).

I've heard that some people have issues with Speedtouch 330, Zonealarm and SP2, but haven't found out anything definate. Sad

I'm sure how far you'll actually get with the setup as unless your line is activated, it may not fully install anyway.

Maybe so! I just want to see if everything is OK before Oct 5th so I can make use of my long-awaited ADSL straight away without any further delay.

I guess I'm just gonna have to wait til next Wednesday to find out (providing BT don't knock me back) Sad

Thanks.
--
Regards
Ripperoo
N/A

If you have dial up tcip isnt installed until you connect to the internet so the util cant find it. You could try connecting to dial up first as that would then give you an ip address.

I would waint until you have activation
N/A

If you have dial up tcip isnt installed until you connect to the internet so the util cant find it.

Don't you mean until you create the dial up connection within windows, rather than when you actually connect.

ripperoo, best to wait till your connection is actually active first. Are you not just able to install the modem drivers yourself, and manually create an ADSL dial up connection?
N/A

Well, I finally got my line activated, but "Dr. Speedtouch" still displays the same error that I was getting prior to having my line activated. :?

Weird huh?

I have used the "Dr. Speedtouch" utility on a friends PC and it worked OK. Only difference is that his was connected to ADSL via a LAN connection & 4-port router/modem as opposed to mine, which is connected via a USB ADSL modem.

Wouldn't have thought it would matter myself.

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.
--
Regards
Ripperoo