cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading

N/A

Downloading

Hiyas.I got my new broadband today and im happy with it but i have a slight problem that maybe you cannot help me with.The problem is that i have downloaded bittorent and am trying to download a file thats about 4gb but i cannot reach anything above 5kb(s) and everyone else on the site can seem to download these files.I was told I needed to disable my firewall firstly which i done but i was also told about opening ports or something which i do not understand.I know i can download the file as i purchased a premium account.Im not complaining about your service as i think the connection is fine im just trying to work out what i have to do to open ports or whatever it is i got to do to allow the download to run faster

cheers

Jon
9 REPLIES
N/A

Downloading

hi,try this link and enter port 6881 in both to and from i think,i my self use azureus which is a bittorrent client and much easier to use in my opinion..http://www.kitz.co.uk/tute/NAT.htm
N/A

Downloading

where do i input the number cant see what i gotta do.just see a tutorial...

cheers

Jon
N/A

Downloading

sorry,u using a router ,as im using the sar 110.if so u go into the nat rule entry .
N/A

Downloading

do i disable the NAT
N/A

Downloading

no just go into nat rule entry and add another rule as discribed in earlier link
Community Veteran

Downloading

He is using a different router (A Linksys WAG54G) so the port forwarding setup page is different to your router (which is a SAR110).
N/A

Downloading

where is info on make of router?,as if i knew i wouldnt of given info on a diffeant model :?
Community Veteran

Downloading

here.
N/A

Downloading

the cd that came with the router? it contains the full user manual, it is also available to download from the LinkSys website.

however, to make things simple

open up your web browser

type in 192.168.1.1 or if you have changed it from default, use that

default login and password is admin/admin (I hope you have changed these just incase)

click on applications and gaming

here you will find the pages for single port forwarding and range port forwarding.

as the names suggests, the single port forwarding page allows you to set up a single port for forwarding, the range port forwarding allows you to setup a range of ports for forwarding like 6881-6990 for example.

remember to click on save settings before going to a new page.