cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed poor

N/A

Download speed poor

I am having problems getting decent download speeds from anywhere. I have a friend on Plus.net and had d/l of 25kps on average which is about his maximum. However, on a friends 10mbit line i get about 10kps whats the problem?
4 REPLIES
fonejacker
Grafter

RE: Download speed poor

> I am having problems getting decent download speeds from anywhere. I have a friend on Plus.net and had d/l of 25kps on average which is about his maximum. However, on a friends 10mbit line i get about 10kps whats the problem?

Hi Simon,

Can you just clarify the problem here? You are getting s;low downloads on everything?

What does the speed chack at adslguide.org.uk say?

If you raise a ticket via contact us we will happily compare your connection by dialling up with your username on our ADSL test line which we know works!

The other test of course is to ask if anyone else is having problemsHuh

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
Badgi
Dabbler

> I am having problems getting decent download speeds from anywhere. I have a friend on Plus.net and had d/l of 25kps on average which is about his maximum. However, on a friends 10mbit line i get about 10kps whats the problem?

The speed of the download can depend on the server you are downloading from, alot of servers limit the speed to around 20-25kb so they do not kill their bandwidth.
N/A

>
> The speed of the download can depend on the server you are downloading from, alot of servers limit the speed to around 20-25kb so they do not kill their bandwidth.
>

This is not a capping issue. As I mentioned in my first post - its a friends site, its fast, there i'snt much traffic and i'm not capped.
N/A

> >
> > The speed of the download can depend on the server you are downloading from, alot of servers limit the speed to around 20-25kb so they do not kill their bandwidth.
> >
>
> This is not a capping issue. As I mentioned in my first post - its a friends site, its fast, there i'snt much traffic and i'm not capped.

Hi mate,
try this test, http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp,
and compare the results,

iam getting the problem some times as well, some times I can get stuck with a low download speed,
even at that ADSL test I managed to get 235kbps, which i think is poor, But other times I can hit 400kbps, its feels like it is set on random mode.

Does any one have any any ideas, Is it a possbile BT problem, or is that exchange over suscribed