cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed of 427kbps!!!!

N/A

Download speed of 427kbps!!!!

Hi,

Just thought I'd brag that at 8.25 this morning my latest speedtest returned 427kbps download speed. Cool!

Now as you may know this is well over double what I normally get and I am looking forward to getting these kinds of speeds 24/7. I play Magic the gathering online and regularly get opponents who ask me to speed up or sort out my lag problem!

Be interesting to see what it is at peak time this evening and then also to check it after the new pipe is in!

If the new pipe does the trick and gives us all speeds we expect, even at peak times, then great!

John
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Download speed of 427kbps!!!!

I get my full speeds uploading/download all day. Im not bragging just saying, i live in Edinburgh, when i had blueyonder i also got my full speed 24/7.
Grimbo
Grafter

> I play Magic the gathering online and regularly get opponents who ask me to speed up or sort out my lag problem!

I don't know about that game, but bandwidth has never really been an issue with Plusnet, their problem is ping rate.

Playing an online real-time game requires a ping rate of less than perhaps 150 or the game is unplayable.

Last night at about 10:00 it was 977. Everyone else connected to the server I was playing on had an average of 50.

Do the maths.
N/A

Can't get ADSL so have just installed NTL cable modem.

520k download straight off the bat, marvellous.
Craig
N/A

I used to have blueyonder, cable is much better than ADSL, ok im off to post a message about a problem with ADSL im having Sad
plusnetsux
Grafter

no problems in cardiff,
pings of 30 - 50 on barrysworld quake 3 , download constant 60k/sec
excellent service plusnet Smiley
N/A

> Can't get ADSL so have just installed NTL cable modem.
>
> 520k download straight off the bat, marvellous.
> Craig

yeah I would have got cable, cant get it for another yeat tho Sad.

So i came to plusnet and I love it Cheesy 537kps a second for example.

very happy

Expect my connection ramdomly drops and times of the day, but there working on that. damn BT
--
MICROSOFT = Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers