cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading ADSL package question

N/A

I have recently signed up to the Easystart package for £24.99 a month as I needed the extras such as cgi/php/mysql etc for my website. However due to the continuing problem, I am looking at hosting my websites elsewhere and downgrading my ADSL package just to get the 500mb speed and no extras if you see what I mean.

Is this possible and would there be penalty costs?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Well, I'd imagine the cost of a 500MB ADSL connection might be rather high... Wink

Anyway, I'm afraid there's a cancellation charge of £99.99 if you cancel the service within your 12 month contract.

Thomas
N/A

Well, I'd imagine the cost of a 500MB ADSL connection might be rather high... Wink
Thomas

Whoops, I wish eh Smiley

well the difference I presume in the acounts would be due to the webspace and extras that come with the easystart account, so are you telling me that I cant just pay for the ADSL part without incurring a £99 fee? After all, I'm presuming that fee is to make up for the h/ware supplied which I can understand, biut surely if I want to continue with the connection then I cant see the problem??

Thanks
Community Veteran

As far as I know, the extra £6 on the EasyStart account is for the hardware. So, if you were to downgrade to ADSL HomeSurf at £18.99 a month, without having stayed on EasyStart for the full 12 months, all of a sudden PlusNet would be losing the money for the ADSL hardware. Hence the £99.99.

However, all of what I'm saying is just what I think - you might be best off getting an official response via link:Contact Us.

Thomas
N/A

The extra monthly fee includes the hardware and activation. These need to paid for somehow.