cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade account for a while

N/A

Is there anyway I can downgrade my account to a free dial-up account while preserving everything on my account, ie domains, email etc....

I am wanting to do this because I am not getting good enough service, slow speeds. I was told that nothing could be done because I had to do more BT speedtest. I did more speedtests, but the result wasnt low enough to meet BT requirements to raise a fault. I then descovered (by reading though these forums) that my modem isnt fully compatable with XP SP2 (Dynamode A360 USB). So I am paying a lot of money for dial up speeds. So I was wondering, if I could downgrade to a free account while preserving my account and things like my 2 domains and emails etc... while I save up for a new modem/router?

Thanks,
Chris
7 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

You should be able to downgrade to a dial up account providing there are no contractural obligations outstanding. You would, however, have to pay for your domain names as I dont believe the £1 per month option is available for the free dial up accounts.
Community Veteran

Couldn't you just et yourself another modem you could pick one up on e-bay quite cheap.
martinrowe
Grafter

The Dynamode A360 works fine with Windows XP and Service Pack 2. Maybe some people have experienced problems but I wouldn't blame the modem in every case.
Community Veteran

Downgrading to a free dialup account will cause ADSL to be ceased from your line. You will then need to pay another activation fee to get ADSL back again which is more than the cost of a decent router..
N/A

i never specified how long I would be on a free account for... the ammount I would save using dial up for a number of months would pay for the activation fee many times.

P.S. I have a router being dispatched right now... as a present
N/A

The Dynamode A360 works fine with Windows XP and Service Pack 2. Maybe some people have experienced problems but I wouldn't blame the modem in every case.

I was told by a CS rep that it wasnt compatable when I rang up to check what I had read on the forums.
Community Veteran

If I remember from previous threads.... I think there are problems installing the software for the modem on XP SP2 but if it is already installed and you upgrade to SP2 it still works.

You are much better off with a router anyway.