cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domains Static IPs

N/A

Domains Static IPs

Maybe someone can clear this all up for me. i have JUST creates a plusnet account for the 1meg unlimited bandwidth etc etc.... It hasnt yet been connected to the first problem may be sorted then but when i look through the "my account" dialogs for the static IP enabling i have no joy in finding it. It just gives me a page with the you are currently set up for a dynamic ip. Where it clearly states that i will be able to use a static. But as i said i still have the 4 week wait whilst transfering from one provider to plusnet.
Seccondly i want to buy a domain. I have foind 123reg.co.uk offer me really decent prices. And a friend of mine currently on plus net has told me that even if i dont host the domain with plusnet they can run dns for it. Because i want my domain to point directly to my home ip because that is where i host my website. Then also i want to set up everything to run through a mail server at home. If i get around to it.
Then i presume after i have my domain being resolved by plusnets dns servers i will be able to have a better email address than my someone@username.plus.com one. Because not only do i want a more professional looking email for my site but also my mum is less than pleased with the long email address. Many thanks. Oh and if its not TOO much trouble could you drop me an email instead of just reply here because its unlikely i will check here very often or in mail boxes.

would_you_like_some_parrot@hotmail.com
http://benshole.tk
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Domains Static IPs

Your static IP will be allocated when your ADSL connection is activated.

All the other things you want to do can be done with PlusNet.
N/A

Domains Static IPs

WOO great stuff. Thanks very much. Looks like i was right in changing from *cough* freeserve *cough*