cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain & ADSL Questions

N/A

Domain & ADSL Questions

I've read through the domain FAQ, but I've still a few unanswered questions.

I have a .com domain registered through Go Daddy that I would like to transfer to Plus. I would like to have the .com resolve to my machine's reverse DNS address.

Is this possible, additionally does it cost anything more? I am on a 2mb Home Premier account..
2 REPLIES
N/A

Domain & ADSL Questions

Plus net have full dns tools for forward dns, but you have contact them for reverse DNS . As for cost I don't think plusnet charge anything for this.
N/A

Domain & ADSL Questions

If you want to transfer the domain in fully to PlusNet (and use their hosting) you need to do the following. First, you set the nameservers in your GoDaddy control panel to ns1.force9.net and ns2.force9.net, then wait 48 hours and raise a link:contact us ticket requesting that the domain be transferred in and that you've setup the nameservers already. You then will need to wait while the domain is transferred in (about 48 hours once the ticket has been actioned I believe)

Then, to do the rDNS part, you raise another link:contact us ticket and go through the following path:

• Technical Support (Except Connection Problems - See below)

• Static IPs, IP Block Requests and Reverse DNS Setup

• Change my Reverse DNS (PTR) configuration

Then enter the domain name into the box at the bottom, and explain that it is already hosted with PlusNet.

Finally, you need to setup the forwarding record. To do this you go into the Domain Control Panel and click "Configure" next to your domain. Then you need to change the "Domain hosting settings" to "Other". Next, click the "Configure DNS Records" button in the bottom left hand corner and setup a record as below (replacing "yourdomain.ext." with yourdomain.com. - note the trailing dot - and also replacing the IP on the right with your IP).