cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Name

N/A

Domain Name

Hi, i am considering takin up your £1 a month domain name offer, however i was wondering if it was possible to resolve the domain name to my static ip, as i am planning on hosting my website from my linux box, rather than having it pointed to my plusnet webspace. Also, would the domainname replace my hostname of username.plus.com. for example, on IRC would my hostname appear as the domain name i had purchased. Also, would i still be able to keep my whatever@username.plus.com email addresses ? or would they be updated to whatever@mydomain.co.uk. sorry if you dunt understand what i mean heh Smiley BTW plusnet, got my dsl a few weeks back, i am extremely impressed by the service! only had one problem so far and that didnt last long. keep up the good work, i shall def. be recommending you!
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Domain Name

Hi

I dont know how it works with +net as my domain names are registered through oneandone.co.uk but with them I can redirect my domain names and have done so with one of my domain names to my plus net static ip, by using the ip address as the redirection like this "http://***.***.**.***"

I assume you can do the same with domain names registered with plus.net.

Cheers Chris
Fixes: 115

RE: Domain Name

I have three domains purchased from 123reg and anything@colhindene.co.uk or colhindene.org.uk or colhindene.plus.com all end up in the same mail box.

e.g I have set up a mail box mike@ so mike@colhindene.co.uk, .org.uk and plus.com all end up together.

HTH

--
Mike

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still