cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a problem with failed connections

N/A

Does anyone have a problem with failed connections

Quite often i go to my pc to find that i'm not actually connected. I go to the accessrunner to check status and it says "attemting to activate line" which is most frustrating as i purchased an "always on" adsl connection. Does any one else have this problem

P.S. Does anyone know why after rebooting a pc the adsl does not connect.

Thanks for reading
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Does anyone have a problem with failed connections

If you have an AMD see my post title Warning to AMD users running XP.

Hope this helps you

Richard
chino
Grafter

No just that too (buy the way i am running amd with xp fine all the time Smiley

I had this problem and i found out to be the extension cable, (eg too long or bad quality). The problem was with the bard wired version that was put in my house by BT, so i went to argos plugged a cheap extension lead from downstairs and now i no longer loose sync ...

cUnDaLl

--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

I have had an outstanding ticket since Oct ( when I joined ), the problem is intermittant and frustrating, +net have now sent it back to BT for the 3rd time because they think it is a line fault.

Generally the service is now good 53-58 Kb/sec download ( after tweaking various MTU settings etc.) but the line keeps dropping.

The connection often comes back within a couple of mins without any intervention from me so it 'appears' not to be my PC/OS/PCI card etc.

This probably dosen't make you feel happier but it appears all you can do is raise a ticket and try to get a response.
N/A

I have exactly the same problem!

> I have had an outstanding ticket since Oct ( when I joined ), the problem is intermittant and frustrating, +net have now sent it back to BT for the 3rd time because they think it is a line fault.
>
> Generally the service is now good 53-58 Kb/sec download ( after tweaking various MTU settings etc.) but the line keeps dropping.
>
> The connection often comes back within a couple of mins without any intervention from me so it 'appears' not to be my PC/OS/PCI card etc.
>
> This probably dosen't make you feel happier but it appears all you can do is raise a ticket and try to get a response.