cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PLus.NET accept SOLO card?

N/A

My friend would like to sign up for 150bps adsl ASAP but he only has SOLO card. Can he use that or he needs VISA or something?

Thanks, need the answer asap Wink
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PlusNet do not allow payments with solo. He will need a visa or debit card or use direct debit.
csogilvie
Grafter

He can pay by cheque as well.
Community Veteran

I wouldn't recommend cheque, you need to ensure you send payment well in advance of the actual payment date otherwise you get disconnected and AFAIK they will only accept yearly payments for home accounts.
Credit card or direct debit is usually the best option.

Chris
N/A

I enquired about the same subject and plusnet said I could set-up a direct debit, (with a solo card as it is a debit card) but the first months pay would have to be made using a credit or switch card.

As a direct debit isn't about the card you have but an agreement between you, the bank, and the company you are allowing to take money from your bank account.

If this is wrong can somebody please correct me as I'm going to set-up a DD using my debit (Solo) card very soon.
N/A

I think what they meant is that as you have a Solo card, your bank will allow Direct Debit payments to be made from your account.

This is the situation I am in, I have a Direct Debit set up that takes the monthly payments, but the only card I have is a Solo card (which is not accepted by +net)

Everything goes fine usually, and I paid for the setup fees with my first month's Direct Debit (tho i dont know whether this has changed since I signed up in September last year)
holdtight
Grafter

thats what +net meant, as last post explains that because you have a solo card you have an account that you can run a DD from,
you dont have to use your solo card to set up a DD with
+net, ive had a direct debit with +net since 2002 and would recommend
it as a good way to go, they give you plenty of notice as to when
the payment will be taken
N/A

When signing up, select the card type as switch, then just enter the details of the card as requested. Worked fine for me, even though i did recently go the DD route as I had no further need for my solo. Switch is practically the same as solo anyway.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We no longer take Switch for new signups do to the design of the card not being able to be used for continuous authorisation payments.
You shouldn't really be putting a Solo card in as Switch anyway.
N/A

I sit spanked, then :lol:
N/A

ask plusnet nicely to set you up with direct debit and give them your account details,,,,

first time i signed up i used my switch card,,,then moved to direct debit,,,its all good now,,,

thanks plusnet,,,,

ps plusnet are very understanding with payments,,,,,