cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do do I get rid of desktop shortcuts for Dynamode A220 PCI

N/A

After installing this product everything work fine - however, the install creates two desktop shortcuts. Even if they are deleted, they re-appear on startup. Can I stop this happening?

Additionally, is it possible to remove the ADSL system tray icon from view?
11 REPLIES
LastRoMan
Grafter

Why would you want to?

I have ADSL PCI connhexant software. On the desktop I get 2 icons - one is the way of opening up the dial / connection to my ISP +net, the other the Control Panel from where I set up the sysyem. Hiding them away means I would have to go through the Start button to make the connection etc - bit long winded.

As far as the one in the sys tray - t his is the ADSL indicator as to wjhether or not your line is in sync and thus the BT line is connected for your ADSL. Without it how would you know? Or is this a "I wonder if it possible?" question - that is purely academic.

Cool
N/A

I'n new to the ADSL set-up and I envisaged the connection starting automatically in the background and not have to connect manually (and wait 30 seconds!)
Too used to NTL broadband - I guess router would avoid all this....
LastRoMan
Grafter

Of course I am sure you can have the software log on automatically - I like to be sure my virus checker and firewall are up and running first - my choice - so I don't have it set to connect as windows opens up.

I am not an expert on this, but IMHO I think you would probably have to go into Registry to stop it appearing on the Desktop - but beware unless you know what you are doing as one can competely mess up the PC unknowingly.

Maybe someone else has some help for you. :roll:
N/A

seero1 I have the same Icons and I to would love to see them gone. The tray icon is easy just right click on it and left click on hide. But those desktop icons? damn I wish they would go away. I personally as a rule have as little on my desktop as possable. And why would you need them, once the line is in sync it doesnt drop off (been over 1 month since last restart/reconnect), as for actually connecting thats what the network connections thing is for Cheesy
N/A

A question that I asked some time ago but never found out how to get shut of them.

As for the question -
Why would you want to?

Personally I keep my desktop clear except for "My Computer" "The Bin" and a couple of folders. I have one for "Internet" where I want the Icon and that's fine - I can put one in there but next re-boot there they are on the desktop again. It's obviously by design - think I'll have a firtle in the registry...
GA
N/A

Actually I think Im going to look into this, if I find anything I will report back
N/A

Ok I managed to get rid of the Conexant Icons (I know its not the same model as the post was for but it may still be of help). Like sugested it was in the registry after I removed certain keys it all worked fine. Ok onto how to do it. First of a warning if you dont know what you are doing in the registry then you dont belong there, if you damage it you could end up having to reinstall your entire operating system.

First open up regedit, then goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Conexant\AccessRunner ADSL\Connectoids\0000 and delete the following keys.

"ShortcutDescription"="AccessRunner DSL"
"ShortcutFolderName"="AccessRunner DSL"
"ShortcutIconFilePath"="%ProgramFiles%\\Conexant\\AccessRunner ADSL\\CnxDunI.ico"
"ShortcutIconIndex"="0"
"ShortcutLocations"="18"

Then goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Conexant\AccessRunner ADSL\Shortcuts and delete the following keys.

"ShortcutFolderName"="AccessRunner DSL"
"ControlPanelAppletShortcutLocations"="18"
"ControlPanelAppletShortcutDescription"="AccessRunner Control Panel"

Then just quit out of regedit, delete the icons and restart the pc. To connect back to the net after the restart just goto where your normal dialup networking (RAS on NT) would be and use the AccessRunner item there.
LastRoMan
Grafter

Just an aside drefsab - if I had your connection then I would likely follow your suggestion and remove my icons too.

However my connection can be fine for months, very shaky all day or a mixture of both resulting in being connected just once all day or having to redial 5 or 6 tmes a day!

But good on you for persuing the solution for the initial poster. Cheers! Cool
N/A

Im sorry to hear that your line has been so unstable guess I must be one of the lucky ones Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

an easier method to hide them is set there icon Attribute to Hidden
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

That wouldnt work for those of us that have windows showing hidden files.